PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

I'm not sure where I went wrong but the Voice search isn't working for me.

It throws an error saying com,google.android.voicesearch has stopped unexpectedly.

I'm using June 21.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jocala is a n00b

How is the rootfs img file created? If I'm reading the source correctly, the data image is created:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=$card/data.img bs=1048576 count=256
Is rootfs.img created in the same way?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That is one way to create a zero'd out file (although for rootfs you'd consider a smaller count like 15 or 30). You'd also have to run mke2fs on it.

I'm unsure why you'd need to create one though unless you want to stick some big files on the root partition. Most of the time people make changes to the system or data partitions.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

ForteD is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to ForteD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkite38 View Post
what should I do with 3 partition
Old 06-25-2010, 02:06 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by somken View Post
Found a ghetto bug. Hold FN + the right arrow key. >_<
More a feature than a bug, if it's what I'm thinking of. It allows you to flip back and forth from the android display to the console. Sometimes you can see interesting stuff there. (Not often.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4osw0n View Post
Oh I know; I leave it running when I am at my desk at work because I am not really supposed to get personal phone calls anyway, so it's fine for that. This build does run a touch warmer too. Outside of general sluggishness and abyssmal battery life (though at this stage its not a lot better in winmo) its pretty close to functional for me. I do of course have some serious envy for my wife's native android phone (eris) and how quick and smooth everything is there, but hey I make due.
I think the battery life is especially abysmal on RAPH500, since something's causing it to never sleep. Unless that's just mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala View Post
I'm finding adb to be very flaky. When working, adb sessions crash after 15 minutes or so, disconnecting me from the phone w/o warning. I then do the kill-server/start-server routine, usually w/o success. Then I have to boot back to winmo and restart android to satisfy adb. Any help for this?
I've never had that happen. What I do is set up ssh, and then forward ssh over adb, and connect to that. It's pretty robust -- connections will stay up for hours on end if I leave the phone connected.

Instructions on setting up ssh (dropbear) are linked somewhere on here. to forward a port with adb just do
Code:
adb forward tcp:9999 tcp:22
that makes localhost:9999 redirect to <your phone>:22 (which is ssh. you could also do it with regular telnet, but you'd have to reset the telnetd to listen on all interfaces, which it doesn't, by default, for security.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4osw0n View Post
wow. I feel lame; my sluggishness on the phone was largely because last time I formatted this SD card I apparently formatted it as FAT16. >.<

Formatted as FAT32, and halved my startup time; everything is much snappier; wakes from sleep to ringing in 3 rings instead now.
Never considered that. Glad to hear it's faster... wish I could get a free speed increase on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForteD View Post
what should I do with 3 partition
First of all, I wouldn't recommend it. It's a bunch more work, and it's not any faster or more stable. Pretty much a waste of time.

Secondly, if you're committed, then open up rootfs.img, and look at the init script. There's a whole portion of logic committed to booting off of partitions if they're there. You'll have to manually copy over some of the files, since I don't think it's set to automatically do that, and then move your system to another location (installedsystem.sqsh, as listed in that file).

I'm not going to lay it out any further, because, like I said, to me it seems like a waste of time.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:30 AM
Lurker
Carrier: BOOST (Sprint)

xecuter2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
lol can anyone confirm for me?
Yes, that does the trick, enable before using and disable after. I am now having a rather odd bug where if i open android irc client, after a little while my hardware keyboard driver crashes and the kw keyboard stops working until after a reboot :/
Old 06-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Lurker

jocala is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
I'm unsure why you'd need to create one though unless you want to stick some big files on the root partition. Most of the time people make changes to the system or data partitions.
No particular reason. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this distro works. Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hotwired34 is just getting started

am having a problem with the earpiece volume during phone calls. The volume is turned all the way up and it is still very low. I made sure that volume (system, ring and in call) were turned all the way up in winmo before starting and then again from within android. Is there anyway to overwrite the upper limit of the volume for android? Maybe a command line option?

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
am having a problem with the earpiece volume during phone calls. The volume is turned all the way up and it is still very low. I made sure that volume (system, ring and in call) were turned all the way up in winmo before starting and then again from within android. Is there anyway to overwrite the upper limit of the volume for android? Maybe a command line option?

Thanks!
There was a lot of people complaining about this issue early on, but I don't ever remember a solution. I know the idea of the volume in WinMo effecting it potentially, but I think that was just a shot in the dark.

So you could try that, make sure the volume control in WinMo is boosted all the way up before booting Android. Other than that... not sure what to tell you. Honestly the audio volume for me has been pretty much identical to WinMo. I've had some flakiness in the speakerphone, but I never really had an issue with the earpiece volume.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Lurker

mcss is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
There was a lot of people complaining about this issue early on, but I don't ever remember a solution. I know the idea of the volume in WinMo effecting it potentially, but I think that was just a shot in the dark.

So you could try that, make sure the volume control in WinMo is boosted all the way up before booting Android. Other than that... not sure what to tell you. Honestly the audio volume for me has been pretty much identical to WinMo. I've had some flakiness in the speakerphone, but I never really had an issue with the earpiece volume.
arrrghhh, you've had the speakerphone working? It has yet to work for me Any ideas how you got yours to work?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux