PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

wehweh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Can anybody show me a startup file with working wi-fi? I can't even get it to initialize, I'm thinking I put the cmdline in wrong.
Code:
set ramsize 0x6000000 
set ramaddr 0x10000000 
set mtype 2039 
set KERNEL zImage 
set initrd initrd.gz 
set cmdline "root=/dev/ram0 init=/ console=tty0 zmgdevname=/dev/mmcblk0p1 imgdevnum=1 imgdir=/ msmts_calib=0x81.0x393.0x358.0x7D clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off board-htcraphael.adb=1 mddi.width=320 mddi.height=480 lcd.density=240 pm.idle_sleep_mode=6 wifi.mac=00:21:E8:05:E1:D4" 
boot
Old 01-03-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Well If I use crazytalent's file as is It doesn't boot for me. It gets to the fscheck and reboots back to windows mobile. If I Used the original zip (which works for the most part except it locks up) with the files posted in crazytalent's zip (system/data) it boots and it works a little better I think than the 1.6 did. Still randomly locks up and restarts the phone.

Last edited by peterm20; 01-03-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

stellar19 is a n00b

Is there anything I should have to do to get CDMA data working? I've followed the instructions in this thread and searched numerous other threads with no luck.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:31 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It should be pretty much ready to go. What carrier are you on? If yours uses a ppp username and password (Sprint doesn't), you might need to add them to the APN settings. But I never got confirmation that that was actually necessary.

I'll seek out the instructions if someone needs them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

stellar19 is a n00b

I'm on US Cellular.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:55 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Cool. Here's the instructions from the vogue developers.
Quote:
* When you get to the sign on screen, if you don't have a data icon up top or you can't connect, you'll need to put in your username and password for connecting to the internet.
1. Press menu, which is Power on our phones.
2. Press APN Settings
3. choose the default entry, Android
4. For CDMA devices, just change the username and password to match your provider. On Verizon, the username is <10-digit-phone-number>@vzw3g.com and the password is vzw
5. For GSM devices, you'll need to fill in more information. Head over here for some standard options
6. Hit menu, then Save
A quick search for 'US Cellular DUN settings' (DUN is dial up networking) got this site with instructions for finding your username and password -- though the process will be somewhat different on windows mobile.

I'm still not sure this is what's necessary to get your data working, but it seems like a good starting point.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry 8330
Carrier: sprint

blizzake is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to blizzake Send a message via MSN to blizzake

Sweet!! thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 06:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: free touch pro 2,

crownme24 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to crownme24

ive follwed the direction, but i keep getting a hang up and it says waiting on sd card, help please..
Old 01-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: raph800
Carrier: china telecom

hooklee2000 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

great job! very exciting to test my new raph800!
I use the eclair with the new zimage,and call somebody under wm then boot,I can make phone under android, the microphone is perfect! the only thing is the power consume very fast.
with chinese locale in sdcard of fat32 , the chinese file name can not display correctly, which the iocharset is cp936 in windows ,linux can set the mount parameter in /etc/fstab,but android can'nt.
any help will be appreciated!
Old 01-04-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

well it works on my sprint cdma touch pro... still not perfect but fun to play with.. it does crash and reboot automatically after a while tho... I got data working... keyboard works, although fn and symbol keys dont work... gotta use the onscreen keyboard to get @ symbols and such... mic seem to work although i only tested it breifly... havent tested sms as of yet... but i have logged into the androin market and some other sites, and datat is working smooth. Power icon constantly show at 5% and charging... overall fun to play not stable enough day to day yet... but w/ a lil more work, we should be there soon.

To get everything working, i extracted the eclair 2.01 zip... replaced the zimage, startup text and modules... (did not replace) the eclair rootfs... and copied them and the haret icon all over to my sd card root...ran haret and after a few minutes (android loaded up) pretty smooth and seemless... hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux