PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Changed phone number, now cant get mms or internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN_VY View Post
So should I call cricket? And ask them for that number? I guess Im going to have to end up paying the dude again to flash my phone once again

Anyways, lets just say that I didnt mess with that number, the number I was supposed to change did match my phone number but still wasnt working.. PLease advice.. I feel so lost
To get back the number you deleted just do another OTASP *22804. But you will need to follow what I gave you above to get it working for WAP/MMS. Just don't pay for a reflash when it's so simple. and you have a great support group here.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

EN_VY is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
For my fellow cricket user you will need to do the following to update your user name to your new MDN 10digit phone # @mycricket.com
Go to phone dialer pad
dial ##778# or ##778 (SND)
select edit
enter 000000
view info
goto security
edit both user ID's = replace old number with new
view info
MIP default profile
edit NAI = replace old number with new.
menu, OK, OK, OK
let phone reboot
then change in the following area
Settings > Connections > Connections...
Click the Advanced tab
Click the Select Networks button
Click the Edit button
Click the Edit button
Click the Next
Click the Next
change out old number for new
Click Finish

Then for MMS you will need to do the following get PHM registry editor if your don't have it. Then goto HKLM/Software/arcsoft/arcsoft mms ua/cofig/mm1/wspheader find x-cricket-mdn and replace with new number.

That should get you up and going if not PM me and I'll help you out more.
First off, thanks for your help I tried the steps but no internet yet.. On the NAI, i sthat field supposed to contain my phone number only? Before I edited it I noticed it had a bunch of letters. I also tried calling cricket to program my phone but it said it was unable to do so.. Thanks again
Old 12-24-2009, 03:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

hey whitey..what is the msid number that shows up for you? maybe u can post that here and he can plug it into his and that should get him going again?
Old 12-24-2009, 03:52 AM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN_VY View Post
First off, thanks for your help I tried the steps but no internet yet.. On the NAI, i sthat field supposed to contain my phone number only? Before I edited it I noticed it had a bunch of letters. I also tried calling cricket to program my phone but it said it was unable to do so.. Thanks again
In the NAI field you will need to enter your 10 digit number@mycricket.com
I would recommend that you go over your EPST setting with a fine tooth comb. Follow this thread for that http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492824.
Also try *228 for the OTASP

Last edited by whitey10tc; 12-24-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

here is what i think u should do..dont tell them u changed anything! just say they issued u a new number and ever since then data dont work. thats it. do not pay them 30 bucks. thats bullshit they wanna charge 30 bucks for that. tell them to fix it cuz since fone number was changed it didnt work....plus u not lying..u just..witholding information lol
Old 12-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumgiant View Post
here is what i think u should do..dont tell them u changed anything! just say they issued u a new number and ever since then data dont work. thats it. do not pay them 30 bucks. thats bullshit they wanna charge 30 bucks for that. tell them to fix it cuz since fone number was changed it didnt work....plus u not lying..u just..witholding information lol
As suggest above is technically theft of services because you did change setting and there fore voided the flash they did. But being a flasher myself I would say go back to them tell them that changed your number and then tried to fix it with the advice of some idiots "myself included" and see if they will do you a solid and take the two minutes to enter the setting for you. Really with phone in hand it should only take 2 -5 minutes to get you back up and running.
The other thing that I did not mention is there WAP/MMS enabled on the new number?
Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

i beg to differ that it is theft of service. it is to get around that bs fee of 30 dollars. Why is it that he must have to pay 30 dollars for something as simple as that when virtually no other carrier i know of charges people for that and also makes the default rom's available for anyone to download except cricket.

Also, when he got this phone, was he made aware..no not in small fine print buried on page 4069 of his contract but clear upfront information / warning that cricket is going to be holding his default rom hostage and anything they will need to reprogram on the phone is gonna cost him 30 dollars?

i highly doubt it.

its outright raw rapeage that cricket is engaging in by such outlandish practices.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:10 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumgiant View Post
i beg to differ that it is theft of service. it is to get around that bs fee of 30 dollars. Why is it that he must have to pay 30 dollars for something as simple as that when virtually no other carrier i know of charges people for that and also makes the default rom's available for anyone to download except cricket.

Also, when he got this phone, was he made aware..no not in small fine print buried on page 4069 of his contract but clear upfront information / warning that cricket is going to be holding his default rom hostage and anything they will need to reprogram on the phone is gonna cost him 30 dollars?

i highly doubt it.

its outright raw rapeage that cricket is engaging in by such outlandish practices.
Please understand that this is NOT a cricket branded phone it has no other default ROM other then the one that came from verizon sprint us cellular or the original carrier. If he paid a dealer to flash it, He probably signed a waiver of sorts stating bla,bla,bla, may not support certain features bla, bla. It's not the carrier that charges the fees it's the flashing dealer.
Cricket a contractless carrier they do not even have a printed subscriber agreement, you have to pull that from the web site.

So to state it plain and simple cricket does not flash phones dealers do! Cricket does not charge the flash fees dealers do.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

thats...FANTASTIC! One more reason for me to never go to cricket
Old 12-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

EN_VY is a n00b

Well guys, I mad a call today and I get "the american roaming network" WTH? " I can no longer make calls! Is it because of the number I changed? I also tried both numbers for otasp but nothing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro