PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 upgrade for FREE?? Ive done this 6x now and it always works!!

Yea I haven't had many problems either, I just have some physical issues with my TP1, which they said I would have to resolve thru Assurion... which means refurb's like crazy, and $100 deductible... no thanks.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

xthesuperdog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

after 1/2 an hour of waiting on hold and a call transfer i almost didn't get it because the guy said that he has to go by what a system tells him but at the last second he said a window popped up and said im allowed to get the upgrade! yaaaaay now it's coming in 2-3 business days. boredandtattooed, no homo... i love you<3

im gonna try doing this for my friend now!
Old 01-30-2010, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid

Would I have to re-lock my HTC Touch Pro?
Old 01-30-2010, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Boost CDMA

wmubronco2013 is a n00b

My friend currently has a Rant on his account but hes gonna switch back to the Touch Pro to try and get a Touch Pro 2. Should he use the Touch Pro for a while before trying to turn it in or can he right after the esn swap?
Old 01-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK guys heres my problem i was cheap and didnt get TEP on my device i tried using the onlie site to add TEP onto my account but it wasnt allowing me any advice on how to get this done??
Old 01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
It seems hit-or-miss for people... They would NOT upgrade me, but I never mentioned it. All I mentioned were the issues with the new ROM, and that I believe it's related to the upgrade and nothing is physically wrong with the device. I've talked to two reps now, and they both told me to take the device into the store to have it inspected and "repaired". I kept trying to tell them that I don't think there's anything physically wrong, but they kept saying that they could not verify that over the phone...

The other problem I'm having is, how do I recreate these issues? I switched to the ROM and relocked my phone so it's ready to go in and be looked at, but I couldn't recreate the problems described... They keyboard seemed to work fine, and it was a little sluggish but I haven't had any freezes. No dropped calls either, but I haven't used the radio really much at all since flashing...

I am tempted to take it into the store, but if I can't recreate the bugs, I don't think I'll have much ground for justifying a free upgrade...
the problem is you said you had issues, without actually having issues, and before you flashed the MR update... guess you shouldve waited to make sure youd have problems and what exactly they were b4 calling in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cire001 View Post
it worked for me today ! i just got off the phone with support. I tried it about a month ago and they sent me a touch pro , I told themit was freezing and the screen would just go black and not turn back on ( which was true). Today I called the 877 number and told them the batter wasy over heating again and that it would still freeze on occasion. They kept me on hold for about 35 minutes, but thats a small price to pay to hear" would you like to try the touch pro 2?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
i just received my tp2 as a replacement for my aging tp. been waiting since late november and after calling CS last friday i got the good news. it has a build date of 01/14/10 so there must be a new supply available.

and for those who say it is not an upgrade for the tp you are sadly mistaken... build quality alone surpasses the tp and is worth all the hassle and wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitmonster View Post
I was successful in getting a free upgrade to the TP2. I did not have insurance on my TP1, but the advanced replacement dept waived all expenses for me and shipped me the tp2. I received it earlier this week and am lovin it! I really did like the TP1, but the new phone is a HUGE upgrade imo. I did mention to them that if they shipped me another tp1 it would have been my 4th device, although one of the exchanges was simply because they sent me a broken unit They offered me a number of choices as a replacement including the Hero, Palm Pre, and TP2. Final note, my account was very recently upgraded to sprint premier...I don't know if that made it easier for me to get the free upgrade or not. She did not mention to me that was a factor, but she did comment that normally I would need insurance to get the replacement and she said that some reps may not have been willing to waive all the fees. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbender View Post
After Months and months of having my life played on the phone and in the store, I finally have a Touch Pro 2 on the way! I was on the phone for about 10 minutes total. Just told about my keyboard not working, dropped calls, receiving voice mails without my phone ever ringing. It was the easiest transaction i've had with Sprint by far. Good luck to everyone trying.

The nice Lady i spoke with on the phone also said the Touch Pro 2 has the least problems reported. She's working in Technical Support so she would know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
I too can vouch for this. Called the number on the front post and after a few minutes i was directed to the sprint store. I complained that it was to inconvenient and asked for other solutions. (also on my 4th touch pro). After about 10 mins on hold, they came back and offered me the tp2. It is to arrive the first of next week.

Good luck guys and hope to see you on the tp2 forum!
your all welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
Ok folks I was a big skeptic on this until reading countless success stories and then later today I went to the Sprint store and was offered the upgrade.

Earlier this week I had mentioned in this thread how the number given in the first post did nothing for me other than have me directed to the Sprint repair store.
I went to the store well armed with the biggest known problems and one unmentioned problem as of yet.
After flashing the latest official rom it renders your "send" and "end" keys obsolete. Well it did mine anyway.
They looked at my phone for about 2 minutes lol and then asked "how much do you like this phone model?". I knew at that moment it was upgrade time.
I'll pick it up Monday.

Now to try to keep it in pristine condition so I can sell it at supersonic speed the moment HTC Supersonic hits the states.
since you were like the #1 HATER in here from the get, an apology would be cool, since in the end, you did this yourself too..
Quote:
Originally Posted by xthesuperdog View Post
after 1/2 an hour of waiting on hold and a call transfer i almost didn't get it because the guy said that he has to go by what a system tells him but at the last second he said a window popped up and said im allowed to get the upgrade! yaaaaay now it's coming in 2-3 business days. boredandtattooed, no homo... i love you<3

im gonna try doing this for my friend now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
OK guys heres my problem i was cheap and didnt get TEP on my device i tried using the onlie site to add TEP onto my account but it wasnt allowing me any advice on how to get this done??
do u have a BS phone to use for a few minutes or like a day?? heres what you do.. take you TP1 off your account, activate a BS or old device, add TEP to that device... call back in or next day, reactivate your TP1 and the new TEP will carry over..if your worried about coverage, just call and ask after your TP is back on account to make sure the TEP transferred over.. its rare, but every now and again someone TEP gets cancelled when they switched devices.. again, thats rare though.... do dont any of this online.. just do it on the phone.. its fast,easy,and the CS can help you with any ques about TEP right then for ya..

do u have a friend with a TP1 in about the same quality of yours?? just switch esns with one another.. then its just like u bought a device because yours was trashed or something... this should eliminate the need to activate the BS phone all together... i guess its not proven... but it should work... anytime you activate a device on your phone, your allowed to add TEP, even if its used....

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 01-30-2010 at 12:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cbus is keeping up the good workcbus is keeping up the good work
Re: TP2 upgrade for FREE?? all success stories in post #1

Success!

I used the number on the first post. Explained my problems - which were many - and that I upgraded to the new rom. The rep said right away that he would replace with a TP2. He did mention that it may be a refurb. Don't really care about that just looking forward to getting a phone that works.

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP2 upgrade for FREE?? Join us, all success stories now in post #1, SEE IT WORK!

@boredandtattoed Man thanks for the help i really appreciate all the info and hand holding ur doing here on this thread
Old 01-30-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: TP2 upgrade for FREE?? Join us, all success stories now in post #1, SEE IT WORK!

So what do you do with your TP when the TP2 comes...?? Are you required to send it in..??

Old 01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro

AlexSelect is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to AlexSelect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSelect View Post
I've been using the new Sprint ROM for a few days now and I must say, it's been working fine. Almost too good . I've been using Root, and NRG's ROMs almost exclusively, and while 6.1 TF3D1 is a huge adjustment, the speed & stability of this ROM is quite unbelievable. I don't yet see these obvious problems .
This is too funny. I am now looking for tweaks for this newer stock ROM (clocks, battery, apps) I like it so much, go figure! I may be one of the lucky ones. If however, things start to go south (I highly doubt they will) do you have to re-up for another 2 years to get the TP2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro