PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Popups & Getting stuck in 1x possible fix!

So have the two fixes posted in this thread done anything for the 1X issue? Sorry I'm just not clear. I have never gotten any popup so I'm not 100% sure what you guys are referring to there. 8notime and myself were the first two on here to report about the getting stuck in 1X issue and that's where I'm still at now.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: vzw

jlbusch is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
So have the two fixes posted in this thread done anything for the 1X issue? Sorry I'm just not clear. I have never gotten any popup so I'm not 100% sure what you guys are referring to there. 8notime and myself were the first two on here to report about the getting stuck in 1X issue and that's where I'm still at now.
Nope, I have done both I still can get stuck in 1x occasionally. Actually after I made the addition noted by Clueless I had to reset. Then it got stuck in 1x two more resets using the XDA shutdown reset did not work...then i used the HD tweaks reset and it worked right away back to EVDO.

In regards to the additional connection noted by Clueless25, I am able to use either connection to get an EVDO connection that runs average speeds, nothing spectacular but definitely EVDO.
I was not frequently getting the pop-up noted but do from time to time, I cannot confirm if either fixes the pop up as I am not having a lot of trouble with this.

FYI clueless25, you have a typo in your edited first post which is now much clearer but sadly incorrect due to the typo.
you originally posted that the user name should be emsgsm.vzw3g.com (which you did not reproduce correctly in your edited first post) Your typo will probably cause a lot of unnecessary consternation and you should probably correct it.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:08 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah, thanks for pointing out the typo jlbusch. As the second time I tried, I thought, wow, I had an extra "s" in there. No, it got posted wrong after being edited! DOH!! Anyway, her suggestion did nothing but cause me problems. Reverting back to what I had, works like a charm!

What I suggested has gotten rid of the popup for me, may not work for all, as I had the popup almost constantly at my house. I could barely navigate files, without closing it out every 30 seconds. Sometimes more!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!
Threadstarter

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I wanted to ask those that have had popup issues if you also had weird text messages with verizon on them. Turns out another gentleman may have been right. Missed phone calls and instead of getting the voice mail was getting funny text msg's.

I use visual Voice and since making these changes have Not received stupid weird texts msg's and have gotten my calls.

I should also note that this was on any rom other then stock.

Any other verizon customers have the same problem and had it go away when using the settings above?

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Switching to Android
Threadstarter

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Problems such as?

Oh and just for kicks I tried setting that home setting, still didn't work for me & it also put +1 () infront of calls. I think that is for if your calling internationally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Yeah, thanks for pointing out the typo jlbusch. As the second time I tried, I thought, wow, I had an extra "s" in there. No, it got posted wrong after being edited! DOH!! Anyway, her suggestion did nothing but cause me problems. Reverting back to what I had, works like a charm!

What I suggested has gotten rid of the popup for me, may not work for all, as I had the popup almost constantly at my house. I could barely navigate files, without closing it out every 30 seconds. Sometimes more!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:06 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

The HOME setting is not for international calls. There is also a setting to tell it to prepend numbers with a 1, or not. Anyhow, looks like the newer roms may have incorporated the correct settings and hopefully the issue will have been resolved. Looking forward to trying roms based off the new USCC 6.5 rom. Especially since the Automatic A and Automatic B settings have returned on those roms.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: vzw

jlbusch is just getting started

There is still a typo in post 1...you should really edit it Clueless25

you originally posted that the user name should be emsgsm.vzw3g.com (which you did not reproduce correctly in your edited first post) Your typo will probably cause a lot of unnecessary consternation and you should probably correct it.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Switching to Android
Threadstarter

Um No that was the typo, the extra "s". You just had me looking at phone & post again.

It now is as should be. emgsm.vzw3g.com

I should also note that on my end, I haven't received these popups anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbusch View Post
There is still a typo in post 1...you should really edit it Clueless25

Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 PM
TdiDave

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I am getting these pop up and have just tried the latest ROM from Juicy & ENergy. I guess i will have to go back to stock if someone hasnt figured this out. I cant use the phone with the popup every 5 seconds. I am in a 1x area most of the time and if i select HOME i get no signal.

Is there a carrier cab to install when using verizon ?

Any sugestions ??
Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

wildcard is a n00b

which "popups" is this supposed to fix?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
3g, radio, verizon