PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 08:22 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Popups & Getting stuck in 1x possible fix!

I'm referring to his post in the previous page of this thread that you started.

He simply was summing up what you were trying to say.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-21-2009, 08:23 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I have also spent quite a few hours digging through the registry and trying different things to fix this. The only thing to work so far, is the fix I posted!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!
Threadstarter

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I see what your saying, I think we got to the same functions a little different but it doesn't work under modem settings.

You can do it either way long as you link the 2 connections.

Did you get it working? Careful of typo's and don't forget the period between emgsm.vzw3g.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I'm referring to his post in the previous page of this thread that you started.

He simply was summing up what you were trying to say.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:29 PM
"MODS"

No, it didn't work for me, I still get the popups, until I apply my simple setting fix that works for me.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:38 PM
"MODS"

Well, again thanks for the effort.

The fix I posted, works for me. It is as simple as changing Network settings to Home, instead of Standard. No more popups since then!

Easy to switch back if and when needed too.

Here is a copy of the post I made regarding what has been working for me.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
***!!!!!!FIXED!!!!!!***

Ok, after many hours of frustration with this darn popup notification, I have finally found a very very simple way to stop it.

Settings>Personal>Phone>CDMA Services>Network Service>
Change to Home Only (done!)

So far, I have noticed no negative impact on my reception or signal and have not had the popup once. It was doing it several times per minute, just sitting here on my desk, right before I changed that. So, that is what is causing it and is a simple fix and easily reversed.

So, I may leave mine that way 100% of the time if it doesn't hurt my reception where I go.

However if it seems to impact my ability to receive a signal in certain places, then I will simply set it back to STANDARD.

I hope this helps others who are having this annoying issue!

Last edited by santod; 11-21-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Switching to Android
Threadstarter

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I had actually tried the home only switch & it didn't do anything for me. Kinda weird huh.

Quote:
Well, again thanks for the effort.

The fix I posted, works for me. It is as simple as changing Network settings to Home, instead of Standard. No more popups since then!

Easy to switch back if and when needed too.

Here is a copy of the post I made regarding what has been working for me.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
***!!!!!!FIXED!!!!!!***

Ok, after many hours of frustration with this darn popup notification, I have finally found a very very simple way to stop it.

Settings>Personal>Phone>CDMA Services>Network Service>Change to Home Only (done!)

So far, I have noticed no negative impact on my reception or signal and have not had the popup once. It was doing it several times per minute, just sitting here on my desk, right before I changed that. So, that is what is causing it and is a simple fix and easily reversed.

So, I may leave mine that way 100% of the time if it doesn't hurt my reception where I go.

However if it seems to impact my ability to receive a signal in certain places, then I will simply set it back to STANDARD.

I hope this helps others who are having this annoying issue!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:50 PM
"MODS"

That is pretty strange!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Switching to Android
Threadstarter

I have no clue, verizon told me to *228 #2 for local tower ( sprint tower of course) and it actually made it worse. One of the nice things about custom roms, you can wipe that dumb mess out!

Quote:
That is pretty strange!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:04 PM
"MODS"

My impression so far, is that VZW has no roaming, "technically". So any network it can connect on, it will if they have a partnership with their towers. In my area, Verizon uses U.S. Cellular towers when needed, or closer to them then Verizons. If I use the stock flashed rom settings or the ons you provide, it detects all other towers as extended network, causing the popup, even though data still works.

However by switching to Home only, it now sees all towers that it has permission to connect through, as Verizon network!

Anyway, I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the stupid popups anymore!
I'm also happy that your adjustments are working for you. Maybe it will work for someone else too! Not for me though.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Switching to Android
Threadstarter

Thats weird because mine shows verizon network. There is one end of the house it shows extended. It quite possible may be a tower issue. Not sure. But I'm pretty sure verizon leases towers. How else could they have expanded to fast the last few yrs. It wasn't that long ago at&t had the market.

Quote:
My impression so far, is that VZW has no roaming, "technically". So any network it can connect on, it will if they have a partnership with their towers. In my area, Verizon uses U.S. Cellular towers when needed, or closer to them then Verizons. If I use the stock flashed rom settings or the ons you provide, it detects all other towers as extended network, causing the popup, even though data still works.

However by switching to Home only, it now sees all towers that it has permission to connect through, as Verizon network!

Anyway, I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the stupid popups anymore!
I'm also happy that your adjustments are working for you. Maybe it will work for someone else too! Not for me though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
3g, radio, verizon