PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: omg, youtube app integration

ive tried all of the juicy roms and i find them to be too slow in comparison to mightyroms.. and believe me everytime a new one comes out I flash.. but i dont think manila 2.5 is stable enough yet..
Old 11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
ive tried all of the juicy roms and i find them to be too slow in comparison to mightyroms.. and believe me everytime a new one comes out I flash.. but i dont think manila 2.5 is stable enough yet..

Leo based ROMs were meant for faster CPUs
Old 11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work

works pretty well for me. no complaints. The only thing that doesn't work is intergrated MMS. other than that, i can't tell a difference between the two other than that 2.5 is much nicer looking
Old 11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

2.5 does look nicer.. but try mightyrom then juicy..you will see a difference.. and pluss my mms works perfectly.. that was another reason for me going back to mighty.. but anyway i dont want to go off topic too much.. Hopefully someone will figure out how to get this feature on other custom roms.. its probably just a regisrty edit os somethin
Old 11-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

are you talking about streaming media or the actual youtube application. you guys are all over the place here im confused lol

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i'm confused also? is the excitement opening up youtube apps in htc player or tcmp? if this is what the excitement is about, you don't need a custom rom to do this. Also this is nothing new. I hope i'm just missing something and you guys aren't excited over streaming media with htc media player. just for a heads up tcmp does the exact samething and a custom rom is not needed.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

I think the op is confused and so is everyone else.

The links are opening up in htc streaming media player lol... Not the native youtube app.

Screenshots plz :P
Old 11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
I think the op is confused and so is everyone else.

The links are opening up in htc streaming media player lol... Not the native youtube app.

Screenshots plz :P
if the op has links opening up the native youtube app instead of tcmp or htc media player then i would like to see this. that would be something to get excited over.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Sprint Evo 4G

mmille8 is a n00b

If you receive an email with a youtube link and open it. Opera opens the link to the youtube WEBpage, then if you hit the "watch video" link it will open up the native Youtube application. Not the lower resolution stream.

and like I said earlier this method for some reason also plays the sound, which did not work for me when using the youtube application before. I am running Juicy R3 rom.

Summary:
If i open the youtube application it will play a video, but without sound.

If I use the email link method, which opens up the youtube application it works with sound.

Last edited by mmille8; 11-17-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmille8 View Post
If you receive an email with a youtube link and open it. Opera opens the link to the youtube WEBpage, then if you hit the "watch video" link it will open up the native Youtube application. Not the lower resolution stream.

and like I said earlier this method for some reason also plays the sound, which did not work for me when using the youtube application before. I am running Juicy R3 rom.

Summary:
If i open the youtube application it will play a video, but without sound.

If I use the email link method, which opens up the youtube application it works with sound.
well my youtube app works all the time, i have no problems with it. we should contact juicy to see how he makes the links open up the youtube app instead of htc media player.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2