PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   omg, youtube app integration (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97097)

abdeviation 11-17-2009 02:42 PM

omg, youtube app integration

Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

this is everything I EVER wanted. clicking any youtube link takes u to the page for that video on the mobile site. clicking on the video there opens it up in the HTC Youtube player. Aaah!! awesome. this is on juicy's r3 rom. can anyone test this on other roms to see if theirs work??

the only thing left to be desired is if we could somehow bypass going to the mobile page and jump straight to the player.but not too bad

EDIT: There seems to be some confusion. I am NOT talking about the streaming media player. The links open up in the HTC Youtube Player, hence the excitement.

AstronusX 11-17-2009 02:52 PM

Re: omg, youtube app integration

Yea I just test from R3 rom, that's a nice integration.

AZTECHKA 11-17-2009 02:54 PM

That's good to know... I am considering upgrading to a custom ROM.
p

deadwrong03 11-17-2009 02:54 PM

is there a way to get this on stock roms

aznmode 11-17-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdeviation (Post 1337480)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

this is everything I EVER wanted. clicking any youtube link takes u to the page for that video on the mobile site. clicking on the video there opens it up in the HTC Youtube player. Aaah!! awesome. this is on juicy's r3 rom. can anyone test this on other roms to see if theirs work??

the only thing left to be desired is if we could somehow bypass going to the mobile page and jump straight to the player.but not too bad

Couldn't you just technically go to mobile youtube and click on a video from there or do you have to click on a link?

Any way doesn't work on MM.

abdeviation 11-17-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 1337535)
Couldn't you just technically go to mobile youtube and click on a video from there or do you have to click on a link?

Any way doesn't work on MM.

it's a two step process i guesss.

1. YOu get a youtube link in your email and click on it and are taken to the mobile youtube page for that video.
2. You click on the video on that page or any "play this vid" link and it opens it up in the HTC player.

And no, you don't have get to the youtube page by following a link. You can just browse to it i guess but in that scenario, you could be doing that INSIDE the HTC player right?

This is useful for when someone sends you a youtube link. Before you couldn't really watch it unless you had installed a complicated series of of apps and tweaked this and that and it looked like sh!t. Now it opens up beautifully in the HTC player

richardb85 11-17-2009 03:14 PM

I wonder if this would work for some videos which for whatever reason cannot be found using the search feature on the stock youtube application.

mmille8 11-17-2009 03:20 PM

I am using Juicy R3

another weird twist. I am having the problem with the Youtube application not having any sound when playing a video, however when I tried this route that "abdeviation" made aware it works with sound.

Jok3sta 11-17-2009 03:32 PM

anyone know how to get this feature on mightrom?

abdeviation 11-17-2009 03:35 PM

yeah, download juicy r3, feature enabled XD