PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

walkeryan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Touch Pro 2 Battery Life

Ok I had the Imagio and the Battery Life was horrible, since there was no HSPL and my efforts to create one were futile I took advantage of the 30 day return policy and have my new shiny TP2 on its way. I plan on installing several custom roms but would like to get everyone's input on their Battery life. I scanned the previous posts and didn't come upon this anywhere so if everyone would fill out the form and we can get a good average on what the best rom/radio combination and usage of the device so those who are thinking about getting a TP2 or are just looking for better battery life can get some information. Please reply in this format. Thanks guys.

Rom:
Radio:
Standby Time:
Talk Time:
Device usage Time:
Communication used: (Wi-Fi, Data, bluetooth, etc.)
GPS Enabled:
Push Internet Enabled:
Push E-mail enabled:
Any other pertinent information to device usage.

HTC for LIFE!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Battery Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeryan View Post
Ok I had the Imagio and the Battery Life was horrible, since there was no HSPL and my efforts to create one were futile I took advantage of the 30 day return policy and have my new shiny TP2 on its way. I plan on installing several custom roms but would like to get everyone's input on their Battery life. I scanned the previous posts and didn't come upon this anywhere so if everyone would fill out the form and we can get a good average on what the best rom/radio combination and usage of the device so those who are thinking about getting a TP2 or are just looking for better battery life can get some information. Please reply in this format. Thanks guys.

Rom:
Radio:
Standby Time:
Talk Time:
Device usage Time:
Communication used: (Wi-Fi, Data, bluetooth, etc.)
GPS Enabled:
Push Internet Enabled:
Push E-mail enabled:
Any other pertinent information to device usage.

HTC for LIFE!
You ask too much.
I am happy with my battery life.
stock ROM Sprint.
everything but phone disabled till I need it. I use my phone alot and charge it at work and over night. not cuz it needs it. I stream and go on internet alot.
p.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:02 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

That's a lot of information requested. From my experience the roms that use winmo6.5 (21xxx builds) are more energy efficient than winmo6.5.1 (23xxx builds). Probably because winmo6.5.1 is still in beta and kind of buggy.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Telus

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

Hey, I don't think my battery life is that great, I could probably burn through a full charge in under 4 hours without trying THAT hard. I asked a couple questions about other peoples battery life in the Mighty Rom thread and was told to stop insulting the rom saying that the battery life was "EXCELLENT". So either I am picky or I have a bad battery, who knows but it was poor (imo) on the stock rom, NRGZ Leo and on Mightys <shrug> Today I made a 32sec call, sent about 25 SMS, checked facebook status updates (internet for maybe 15minute tops) and watched a 17 minutes video in coreplayer. The rest of the time it was in standby. It went from 100% to 72% battery in under 3 hours. I don't think it is any chef's fault, maybe thats how the battery is supposed to be. According to Telus's website the phone should get 6 hours talk time and 11 days standby, where as the TP1 only gets 4 hours talk time. Maybe thats why everyone thinks the battery is excellent since its 50% more "talk" than the TP1, I came from a Treo 650 which I really didn't like but the battery could go 2 days w/o a charge and I used quite a bit of data on it. Frankly the only way I could see my TP2 getting 11 days in standby would be if I turned on airplane mode and didn't turn the screen on for the whole 11 days, even then I'd be suprised if it made it that long.

Rom: Mighty
Radio: Stock
Standby Time:
Talk Time:
Device usage Time:
Communication used: none
GPS Enabled: no
Push Internet Enabled: no
Push E-mail enabled: yes

Last edited by Tweak_four17; 11-16-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

As ihave mentioned here: Coming to Touch Pro2 experience, battery life is amazing on TP2 with both stock and Juicy R2(havent tested other extensively). Now when i say amazing i dont mean its going to last you a week like regular(non smart)phone(my old moto razr v3 lasted 5 days without a recharge) but it sure beats TP(1) and Nokia n900(close one here). With TP(1) battery would die in about 4 hours of heavy use(wifi+3G+surfing+multitasking+u_get_the_point) with TP2 it lived through entire day with the same usage(about 10 hours). For the smartphone that amazing imho

When you can tether for free?: D

Last edited by pesok; 11-16-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Scrufdog is keeping up the good workScrufdog is keeping up the good work

Stock Sprint, all i've done is disabled push internet, using the opera disable cab, and with medium usage all day I'm usually at 60-70%. It took about a week for the battery to 'settle'. During the first week it would die in the early evening. Now it's great. My phone is off the charger for 18 hours a day.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Threadstarter

walkeryan is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for all the info guys, The battery on the Imagio was so unstable. Does anyone have their GPS enabled? I think thats what killed the battery on the IMagio so it might lend some battery life to those who have the TP2 as well. Just setting it to location on from 911 only the battery wouldn't last a half day, thats even without any programs accessing the GPS. Just a thought but check and see if your GPS location setting is on and if so try turning it off, see if you get better battery life. Thanks again guys.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

This is the best battery life I've seen in a smartphone yet, but I probably have a very limited smartphone experience compared to some others on here. I don't use my phone nearly as much as most of the folks here, and I can get 3 full days. I can get through almost the full weekend on a full charge as well. I'd say that if you're expecting the battery to last 3 days with heavy use, you're expecting a lot as most smartphones I've seen will last maybe 2 days with heavy use, usually just over 1. Also remember that when you're installing stuff or tweaking your phone, that will run the battery down faster. Try to get everything setup all at once, then go for about a week or two with regular use to get a better idea of what the battery life will be like.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

i take the phone off the charger at 6am. listen to music via bluetooth or watch a movie for about an hour. receive around 10 emails during the day. maybe send a few texts. listen to music or watch a movie for another hour on the trip home. i'll have 40-50% left on the battery at 6pm. standby time seems good. i forgot to charge it over night once and it was at 30% in the morning.

i dont how much this helps, but i have some tweaks enabled like no push internet pages. i have only one email account. weather is set to update every three hours. i dont have a ton of contacts linked to facebook...15 tops. backlight is set to auto. you can probably manually set it low if you want to squeeze more life out of it.

overall i would say good but not great. there are still some days when i end up charging mid-day but for the most part it will last me one day before needing some juice.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro2
Carrier: sprint

roldanpinsky is a n00b

I have the same issue and im using the same rom, and i have asked questions but have gotten no answers of how to fix it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery, life, tp2