PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ [CAUTION] - Tethering Users ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar4690 View Post
just want to knkow im on verizon when i try to use internet sharing it only tkae me to a verizon subscribe page so i use pdanet will i still be charged or no
In theory, you should be fine, as Verizon will not allow you to use tethering without accepting the subscription.

I would wait for a response from Mike or Jeff, but I am sure there shouldn't be any issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: verizon touch pro2
Carrier: verizon

oscar4690 is a n00b

thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Does this problem only relate to when the phone is connected to a computer through a USB cable to share internet or does this affect when you use built in Wi-Fi Router as well?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar4690 View Post
just want to knkow im on verizon when i try to use internet sharing it only tkae me to a verizon subscribe page so i use pdanet will i still be charged or no
with this fix they will no longer know you are tethered and you wont get this page.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Will be dowloading the new Mighty Rom later today, I am on sprint and have not been charged anything yet. However, I have not used tethering very much.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

For Sprint, I have no extra charges and have over 7 gig's of usage. This is for Tether and Wifi Routing as well. No extra hack's just running Energy's "Phonton" ROM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11-16-2009 9-58-10 AM.jpg (22.7 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

eore227 is just getting started

Hey guys I'm on a stock rom and I'm using the CM Internet Sharing application from xda the tom codon one or whatever. So is this one safe to use or what is going on?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:30 AM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Will I have to do anything I am using sprint.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
with this fix they will no longer know you are tethered and you wont get this page.
Verizon already doesn't know I'm tethered. Only thing I did was change the DUN NAI in PST to MDN@vzw3g.com from MDN@dun.vzw3g.com. Works for both USB and Bluetooth in the included modem link app and USB tethering via ICS in the stock ROM. No charges and no subscription signup proxy.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Verizon already doesn't know I'm tethered. Only thing I did was change the DUN NAI in PST to MDN@vzw3g.com from MDN@dun.vzw3g.com. Works for both USB and Bluetooth in the included modem link app and USB tethering via ICS in the stock ROM. No charges and no subscription signup proxy.
no reason to screw around now. this fix stops the Internet sharing app from calling the Tethering NAI. "@dun.vzw3g.com" or "@1x.Telusmobility.com"
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2