PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenu View Post
We all do remember that these are just-released devices and that we're doing some serious voodoo to them, right? Early adopter in the tech market ALWAYS involves bugs, trouble, and sometimes serious heartache.

Cmonex will get this worked out, your device will eventually work fine, and if the possibility of bugs is too off-putting to accept, the unlockers, (most) ROMS, and HardSPL's on the Kaiser/Tilt series are quite stable, free, and already work on GSM.

Those of you that came from Touch Pro 1's *know* this device is already vastly more stable than what we came from.

Sooooo...chill, it's gonna work out!
+1, all the stuff just released is practically beta versions of the rom's, I will wait a month or so, at least so someone can come out with a 6.1 rom.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRMSKD View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I fully know the reprecussions of beta testing things, and none of what I mentioned should be construed as gripes or dissatisfaction. I just pointed out what bugs I came across so the developers have a platform to start with when it comes time to fix the kinks. That's pretty much what beta and preliminary release testing is all about.

I'm also perfectly happy with the stock rom. In fact, had it not been required to unlock the SIM, I wouldn't even have flashed HSPL as I don't plan to upgrade until the official 6.5 is out.
Unlocking the SIM isn't required to use the HSPL....
Old 11-02-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

Maybe someone can give me a little clarification on the sim unlocker function, in the sub-level of the building i work at, verizon and sprint(cdma) gets spotty to no radio signal, while att and tmobile(gsm) works through out the sub-level. if i do the sim unlocker would i be able to switch to a gsm signal with the same sprint sim card? or would i be required to use a (gsm) sim card? also would this switch accure automatically or is it something that has to be manuely done?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Unlocking the SIM isn't required to use the HSPL....
Psst, I think he meant it the other way around... that you need HSPL to unlock the SIM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
Maybe someone can give me a little clarification on the sim unlocker function, in the sub-level of the building i work at, verizon and sprint(cdma) gets spotty to no radio signal, while att and tmobile(gsm) works through out the sub-level. if i do the sim unlocker would i be able to switch to a gsm signal with the same sprint sim card? or would i be required to use a (gsm) sim card? also would this switch accure automatically or is it something that has to be manuely done?
You will need an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card, not a Sprint one. I was wishing the Sprint would work too, but it doesn't so hence why I flashed back when I had issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenu View Post
We all do remember that these are just-released devices and that we're doing some serious voodoo to them, right? Early adopter in the tech market ALWAYS involves bugs, trouble, and sometimes serious heartache.

Cmonex will get this worked out, your device will eventually work fine, and if the possibility of bugs is too off-putting to accept, the unlockers, (most) ROMS, and HardSPL's on the Kaiser/Tilt series are quite stable, free, and already work on GSM.

Those of you that came from Touch Pro 1's *know* this device is already vastly more stable than what we came from.

Sooooo...chill, it's gonna work out!
NO, it's not a "just released device". It's been out (and rock solid) for a couple months now. The HSPL and unlockers are, however, just released, and you're exactly right that they are more like beta releases.

But at the end of the day, being functional is a requirement of a device. Nobody here has bashed anyone or anything, but there is no wrong in pointing out faults and problems... especially in "beta" / newly-released software.

Yes, the issues will be worked out, but in the mean time people do need to know where they'll have problems so they can make intelligent choices that keep them functioning.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

HankPro2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
You have to get either a Tmobile or ATT card.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

i have a t-mobile sim card and i am not having any problems. Not sure why some of you are having problems
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
i have a t-mobile sim card and i am not having any problems. Not sure why some of you are having problems
My phone lagged so bad that I have to reboot my phone when I switch between CDMA and my ATT SIM card,waiting for a newer patched radio from cmonex,she mentioned that she would release a patched version soon.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

i paid for the unlocker, but ill wait for the sprint patched radio, i guess

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2