PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94026)

htcboy 11-01-2009 07:19 PM

Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio

Is anyone having problems with the unlocked radio? Yesterday, I installed Mighty ROM and didn't like the way it ran. So, I reflashed backto the stock Sprint Rom and Radio. I then proceeded to unlock my Radio Rom and installed the Sprint World Unlocked Radio; I had to pay for the SIMM unlock software ($25). Ever since I installed it yesterday, my battery life is terrible. I charged my phone this last night and woke up with 40% battery left. Any clues? Maybe just a bad flash. By the way, I tested an AT&T Sim Card and it worked perfectly.

Rager02 11-01-2009 07:36 PM

Re: Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio

could be the radio?

GoodThings2Life 11-01-2009 07:54 PM

I'm in the same boat. I flashed the SIM/Radio unlockers and battery life and performance suffered because it seemed to be trying to acquire a GSM signal inappropriately. As soon as I went back to the stock radio, all is well again. Moral of the story, if you don't have an absolutely need to unlock the radio--- that is, an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card--- don't unlock it!

freeza 11-01-2009 08:04 PM

I've only had one lockup, but other than that everything else seems to function the same as it did before the radio patch.

htcboy 11-01-2009 08:09 PM

I'm going to try a fresh reflash. So far, I have reflashed back to the stock Sprint Rom and Radio Rom. Additionally, I ran the SIMM unlocker. I'm on the last step of reflashing the Unlocked World Radio. Lastly, I'm going to do a hard reset. I'm hoping for the best. Wish me luck!

htcboy 11-01-2009 08:14 PM

Something is not right with the world Unlocked Radio. After the hard reset, it would not load up. I'm I doing something wrong?

2kmy477 11-01-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htcboy (Post 1287625)
Is anyone having problems with the unlocked radio? Yesterday, I installed Mighty ROM and didn't like the way it ran. So, I reflashed backto the stock Sprint Rom and Radio. I then proceeded to unlock my Radio Rom and installed the Sprint World Unlocked Radio; I had to pay for the SIMM unlock software ($25). Ever since I installed it yesterday, my battery life is terrible. I charged my phone this last night and woke up with 40% battery left. Any clues? Maybe just a bad flash. By the way, I tested an AT&T Sim Card and it worked perfectly.

Not only the battery drained much faster,the phone also ran a lot warmer than Sprint stock rom,I had reflashed between stock srpint rom and the unlocked radio about 5 times since yesterday and still have the same problem,it also lagging a lot if i stream internet radio through my bt headset,the phone performance just so sluggish,the eliteteam needs to re-work the radio,i believe.

Boo Boo 11-01-2009 08:55 PM

ask the person who made your cooked rom

unsane 11-01-2009 08:59 PM

I have Unlocked and am also running mighty with the Sprint World radio patch.....My battery life and performance totally kills the stock sprint set up.....Id reflash everything and start over...something doesnt sound right...my device is running PERFECT!!!

EDIT: I am also running a T-Mobile SIM

mikee4fun 11-01-2009 09:18 PM

Odd you guys are having all these issues. I have no problems. I have a Sprint and a Tmobile sim deployed. Battery life is the same.