PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94026)

Rafy0003 11-01-2009 09:19 PM

Re: Problems with Sprint WORLD Unlocked Radio

Im on the Energy Rom w/Sprint unlocked Sim, IM not having one issue, but I take a different route, Since Im still on Sprint, I have my network set to Cdma only. Might want to try that if you dont have a Att or Tmobile sim.

htcboy 11-01-2009 09:39 PM

I think the Sprint World Unlocked Radio must still have some bugs. I just finished reflashing again to the stock Sprint Rom and Radio, and I relocked the ROM for Good measure. I'm starting back basically from stock. What a difference! The internet/data connection seems to be working faster.:headbang:

Skully00 11-01-2009 09:43 PM

Couldn say I have those probs at all, I couldn't get it to hard flash anyway, more than likely got the wrong file for my sprint tp2. It appears mine is already running cdma only and I never set it to that. But after reading some of your complaint about the set up I'm thinking I might not want to do it anyway...I struggle with most things here as it is trying to learn its just one less thing to worry about tho I wouldn't mind trying it just for the learning experience.

obamaftw08 11-01-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1288012)
ask the person who made your cooked rom

how is this in any way helpful moron?

lafester 11-01-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1288012)
ask the person who made your cooked rom

could you please stop posting this in every thread?
i checked your posts and every one says the same thing.

not sure why you are doing this?

krohnjw 11-01-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htcboy (Post 1287625)
Is anyone having problems with the unlocked radio? Yesterday, I installed Mighty ROM and didn't like the way it ran. So, I reflashed backto the stock Sprint Rom and Radio. I then proceeded to unlock my Radio Rom and installed the Sprint World Unlocked Radio; I had to pay for the SIMM unlock software ($25). Ever since I installed it yesterday, my battery life is terrible. I charged my phone this last night and woke up with 40% battery left. Any clues? Maybe just a bad flash. By the way, I tested an AT&T Sim Card and it worked perfectly.

I had the same issue with the unlocked radio on the stock rom. Terrible battery life, the phone stayed quite hot and ran quite sluggish. The only change made was the radio. Flashed back to stock and restored from a backup with the stock rom/radio and all is well again.

2kmy477 11-01-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krohnjw (Post 1288308)
i had the same issue with the unlocked radio on the stock rom. Terrible battery life, the phone stayed quite hot and ran quite sluggish. The only change made was the radio. Flashed back to stock and restored from a backup with the stock rom/radio and all is well again.

+1.

apacho01 11-01-2009 10:35 PM

Try setting it to CDMA or GSM only instead of global. Might make it run better.

krohnjw 11-01-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apacho01 (Post 1288363)
Try setting it to CDMA or GSM only instead of global. Might make it run better.

Anyone know if there is a dump of the original sprint radio outside of the rom package. I'll throw the unlocked radio on again and give it a whirl but would like an easier way to get the stock radio back on if needed other than a flash/restore.

dallastx 11-01-2009 10:40 PM

This sucks that yall are having these issues and most had to pay $25. I almost gave in till i decided someone will come along in the next few months with a sim unlocker. I know i havent been of any help but hopefully others will read this thread before reaching into there pocket. "sad that the developers of the Sim Unlocker haven't posted in this thread" We all know 1 of the 2 have read this! They seem to stick more to XDA although most of the finances are generated from PPC..hmmm