PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seidio Case/Holster Review...

Don't know if anyone's done one but since mine came in yesterday I figured I'd do something like this in case some of you out there are wondering if it's worth the 50 bucks.

The Case:

Quite honestly I was a little surprised I had to pay 25 bucks for it. I've had cases since the Mogul days (I had an extended battery case, regular case, touch pro cases'- also both extended and regular) and this one was really really thin. I realize this is, however, a way to keep the already giant phone from turning into a brick to a cinder block. I guess I can let that slide then. However at the same time, I really wonder how well this will stand against a fall or any "serious" damage- the older cases were definitely thicker and seemed more sturdy. And didn't I recall in the beginning they were planning to add a felt lining inside- it didn't happen, just two pieces of silicon/plastic cases.

Finally, one side of the phone isn't covered by the case, which is because it doesn't want to get in the way of the tilting. But I always thought other cases covered it, I have yet to see another TP2 case.

On the other hand, if you have sprint- the black encasing makes the phone look A LOT better since sprint chose to have a grayish look. The site shows the case a little grayish and not that black, but its a true black color when you get it. I rather it look this way any day. Went out for a night yesterday though and the backing of the case is slightly scuffed already, but nothing a good wiping and stuff couldn't handle and take off.

The Holster:

The holster was definitely something you expect from seidio. Really sturdy looking and lined with felt for the screen. The holster seemed a little stiff when you tried to twist it into a different angle, but something I guess time will fix. All in all it was a nice holster..but I do miss the old "clicking" sound when I used to snap my other phones back into the holster- something I guess the case plays a part in as well.

Overall, was it worth the 50 bucks? I'm not quite sure I'm entirely happy with the thin case, but since seidio took into consideration the size of the phone and mad compromises to keep the case thin, I feel like it makes sense. For me, if I didn't have the 10% off, I would rethink about getting it since shipping boosts the price to almost 60. Otherwise, for 50 bucks, I guess it isn't a bad trade off, after all seidio DOES make quality products and taking things into consideration, it isn't a bad case and worth the wait.

Will upload pics of it if you guys want, but the website already has pics of it: http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/3589.htm

If anyone feels different about what I said, feel free to write- I'm only expressing what I think about the case and holster!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Seidio Case/Holster Review...

Thanks for the feedback but this is being covered here... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90884

Request "move"

Give some

Last edited by OR78; 11-14-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Threadstarter

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Re: Seidio Case/Holster Review...

Bummer, didn't see that. Close the thread if this is a waste of space, mods!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2