PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are You Stickng With Stock Roms Or Flashing?

I really liked the stock Sprint Rom, although I I really like Manilla 2.1, and WMo 6.5. I had my stock Rom almost completely customized.

I've installed MightyRom, but I've had to customize it as much as the Sprint Rom which has been a PITA.

If Sprint releases a stock 6.5 ROM with Manilla 2.1, I'll definitely go back to a heavily modified stock rom.

Too much stuff to fix on generic roms with my Sprint TP2.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

pksd3 is a n00b

How do you get the stock rom back if you flash a new rom?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:43 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

The stock sprint rom was worlds apart from the stock tp rom, but MAN was it UGLY! I really REALLY like mighty mike's rom with rico's blue theme. It also adds the weather animations I was looking forward to previously, and ALSO adds the my location functionality to tf3d.

The thing that I'm surprised was missing was the facebook and youtube integration, but given that this is a whole new version of the album, I think perhaps they simply aren't out yet.

When the HD2 gets to tmobile uk in november, we might be seeing a lot of improvements in regards to tf3d 2.5 (or is it 2.6?) I just hope they can not only easily pull what they find on the hd2, but make it cdma compatible as well.

For now, mighty rom is a great rom for a great phone and i'm content with it and my decision to keep it over the stock rom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pksd3 View Post
How do you get the stock rom back if you flash a new rom?
There's a thread in the CMDA TP2 forum that's stickied. It contains EXE files for each stock rom.

Basically, if you ever want to go back to stock, just run the EXE that corresponds to your provider while your phone is connected via activesync and has a battery charge of 50% or more.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm enjoying Manila 2.5. That should answer your question.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanvara View Post
I cleaned up and tweaked my stock rom with this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88640

Then I went with mobile shell 3.5 and pro plus elegance:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=893

I did the same, MS 3.5 is too glitchy for me. Accidental "push to modify X widget, etc." WAY to buggy for power-use imo. Mighty on the other hand, is amazing.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Odeezie is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Odeezie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

There's a thread in the CMDA TP2 forum that's stickied. It contains EXE files for each stock rom.

Basically, if you ever want to go back to stock, just run the EXE that corresponds to your provider while your phone is connected via activesync and has a battery charge of 50% or more.

Do you have to relock your phone in order to use the EXE that has the stock ROM? I'm not looking to return, I just want to run a stock ROM for now.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeezie View Post
Do you have to relock your phone in order to use the EXE that has the stock ROM? I'm not looking to return, I just want to run a stock ROM for now.
It's best the phone be unlocked for the stock Sprint ROM to take and you don't have to relock it after. But thats up to you. You only should relock it if you are returning the phone to Sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm gonna wait for windows 6.5 and keep the stock rom... If I have any issues I miht flash.
p.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Odeezie is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Odeezie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
It's best the phone be unlocked for the stock Sprint ROM to take and you don't have to relock it after. But thats up to you. You only should relock it if you are returning the phone to Sprint.
Oh alright, thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

So I've tried Mighty and Cfay rom but I still keep coming back to stock rom. There's stuff I'm just missing off Sprint stock that isn't in Mightys and Touchpal and weather location doesn't work correctly on Cfay rom. I'm a mighty fan so I'm hoping he does a Sprint version 6.5 just like he did on the TP. Till then it looks like stock for now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2