PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 12:06 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro2 discontinued???

After 2 weeks of waiting for a replacement for mine, I was also told, they were not getting anymore and that I could get an Imagio as a replacement. The next day they called and said they just got a new shipment and were sending out my brand new replacement(1st had dead pixels). Received it 2 days later, with a 1 month newer build date and absolutely no dead pixels!!!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850
Carrier: Verizon

Import Junky is a n00b

Personally i think they are stoping the 6.1, and the tp2 will be back with 6.5
Old 10-28-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bobdude5 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
After 2 weeks of waiting for a replacement for mine, I was also told, they were not getting anymore and that I could get an Imagio as a replacement. The next day they called and said they just got a new shipment and were sending out my brand new replacement(1st had dead pixels). Received it 2 days later, with a 1 month newer build date and absolutely no dead pixels!!!
are dead pixels that noticable?? will the carrier give you a new one because of dead pixels??
Old 10-28-2009, 01:29 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdude5 View Post
are dead pixels that noticable?? will the carrier give you a new one because of dead pixels??
yes(use the test) and yes

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

...Really? I mean...Really? Please raise your hand if you believe this so I can chop it off. These conspiracy threads are really getting out of hand.

The overwhelming popularity of this device will not be it's demise; nor will conspiracy threads. Please Consider how long the TP 1 lasted with all the problems it had, it is unlikely Verizon would drop this device with sales the way they are.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That sounds so ridiculous...

Verizon - "Hey this phone is selling too much, We can't be selling phones people want...lets discontinue it!"

Yeah right....
LOL

Sounds more like someone sent you the wrong canned email!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

why do we have these same discontinuation threads every day...it doesent even make logical sense that they would stop selling theyre flagship WM phone thats in HIGH demand...enough said
Old 10-28-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i770 tp2
Carrier: verizon

BeanAnimal is becoming a great contributor

We have these threads because VERIZON sales people are telling people that the phone is discontinued.

Why would they say that a brand new, very popular phone is discontinued?

1) Confusion between the TP and TP2

2) Because VERIZON sales people are paid on commission.

**LETS BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT THIS SO THAT EVEN THE SLOWEST OF YOU UNDERSTAND**

If a customer asks a salesperson for an OUT-OF-STOCK, VERY-HARD-TO-GET phone, it is in the salespersons best interest to talk the customer into buying an IN-STOCK phone so that they can close the sale and get the commission. It is NOT in their best interest to tell the customer to wait for stock to arrive because they then lose the sale to whoever the customer contacts when the item is in stock. That means that the salesperson LOSES THE SALE! The TP2 has such a GREAT reputation and demand, that MOST people will OPT to WAIT for stock to arrive and the salespeople know this. So what is the BEST way for a salesperson to push the customer into an immediate sale? Well of course, to tell them that the phone they want is DISCONTINUED and it SUCKS and there all kinds of problems with it, etc. This is sales 101, ethical or not you are seeing it play out first hand.

3) combine points 1 and 2 and the rumor mill starts to churn and the stories take on their own life.

Last edited by BeanAnimal; 10-28-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanAnimal View Post
We have these threads because VERIZON sales people are telling people that the phone is discontinued.

If a customer asks a salesperson for an OUT-OF-STOCK, VERY-HARD-TO-GET phone, it is in the salespersons best interest to talk the customer into buying an IN-STOCK phone so that they can close the sale and get the commission. It is NOT in their best interest to tell the customer to wait for stock to arrive because they then lose the sale to whoever the customer contacts when the item is in stock. That means that the salesperson LOSES THE SALE! The TP2 has such a GREAT reputation and demand, that MOST people will OPT to WAIT for stock to arrive and the salespeople know this. So what is the BEST way for a salesperson to push the customer into an immediate sale? Well of course, to tell them that the phone they want is DISCONTINUED and it SUCKS and there all kinds of problems with it, etc. This is sales 101, ethical or not you are seeing it play out first hand.

3) combine points 1 and 2 and the rumor mill starts to churn and the stories take on their own life.
Well I was not told by a sales rep, I don't go into VZW stores either. they don't have the tp2 anyway. It is available around here on-line only. There is no reason a level 3 tech support guy would lie. He is not on any commission afaik. I did get a message from tech support on my phone saying it will no longer be sold. as stated in the very first post. Take it as you see fit.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Sprint is also having MAJOR inventory issues with TP2 apparently. I spoke with the Escalation department (above a tech support call center supervisor) tonight (8:30 CST) and she said they are having issues filling replacement requests and such for the TP2's. She said it has gotten bad enough that they have been contacting HTC directly. HTC is selling a lot of these models in different variations to multiple carriers and I think they are having trouble keeping up with demand. I doubt they are discontinued but I don't doubt a moronic rep. is pushing other phones and telling customers it's discontinued because supplies are gone. She told me to call back in a couple weeks or try my luck at a corporate store. She said some Sprint Corp. stores have TP2 wait lists now an/or do replacements on a first come first serve basis with limited inventory.

I think the TP2 inventory issues go across the board independent of the carrier and are the result of HTC not keeping up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanAnimal View Post

This sounds about right. It's amazing what the lower level reps and techs will tell you sometimes. The lack of consistency between some of these call centers is AMAZING. They have been telling me a TEP exchange for a TP2 from a TP was impossible at 3 different tech call centers but as soon as I get to the escalation dept. (after 30min on hold) they admit that they ARE IN FACT allowing TP2 as replacements but that its not encouraged because of the inventory issues with paying customers trying to purchase them. This is why so many people are running into strange inconsistencies getting TP2 replacements with Sprint.

Last edited by Alpine-; 10-28-2009 at 11:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2