View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Thundaar2000
Older than Dirt!
Threadstarter

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro2 discontinued???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanAnimal View Post
We have these threads because VERIZON sales people are telling people that the phone is discontinued.

Why would they say that a brand new, very popular phone is discontinued?

1) Confusion between the TP and TP2

2) Because VERIZON sales people are paid on commission.

**LETS BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT THIS SO THAT EVEN THE SLOWEST OF YOU UNDERSTAND**

If a customer asks a salesperson for an OUT-OF-STOCK, VERY-HARD-TO-GET phone, it is in the salespersons best interest to talk the customer into buying an IN-STOCK phone so that they can close the sale and get the commission. It is NOT in their best interest to tell the customer to wait for stock to arrive because they then lose the sale to whoever the customer contacts when the item is in stock. That means that the salesperson LOSES THE SALE! The TP2 has such a GREAT reputation and demand, that MOST people will OPT to WAIT for stock to arrive and the salespeople know this. So what is the BEST way for a salesperson to push the customer into an immediate sale? Well of course, to tell them that the phone they want is DISCONTINUED and it SUCKS and there all kinds of problems with it, etc. This is sales 101, ethical or not you are seeing it play out first hand.

3) combine points 1 and 2 and the rumor mill starts to churn and the stories take on their own life.
Well I was not told by a sales rep, I don't go into VZW stores either. they don't have the tp2 anyway. It is available around here on-line only. There is no reason a level 3 tech support guy would lie. He is not on any commission afaik. I did get a message from tech support on my phone saying it will no longer be sold. as stated in the very first post. Take it as you see fit.