PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i770 tp2
Carrier: verizon

BeanAnimal is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro2 discontinued???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 View Post
Well I was not told by a sales rep, I don't go into VZW stores either. they don't have the tp2 anyway.
Of course they don't have the TP2. They can't keep enough stock to supply the direct business sales.

Quote:
It is available around here on-line only.
Only a handful of units are available through the online store. Most of the on-hand units are being reserved for direct sales through the business accounts team.

Quote:
There is no reason a level 3 tech support guy would lie.
There is no reason he would be informed either. He is a SUPPORT guy, not a salesperson or manager.

Quote:
I did get a message from tech support on my phone saying it will no longer be sold. as stated in the very first post. Take it as you see fit.
See above The misinformation is starting to take on a life of its own... I have had a TP2 for 2 weeks and was easily able to secure several more for clients today. I also secured several last week.

I took the time to get answers from a much more relevant department at Verizon, as I have a significant number of clients that will migrate their users to this platform to get away from Samsung SAGAs, blackjacks and iPhones.

The imagio has also been running low on stock and hard to get. I guess it has been discontinued as well? VZW is discontinuing all of their phones to make room for the droid...
Old 10-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There is only one reason why someone would tell you it's discontinued and that is so you will give up on getting one and take another phone instead so they get the sales commission on that call!

As someone else properly noted...HTC is probably having some issues keeping up with the manufacturing as the carriers probably only contracted for a limited number on initial purchase to roll the unit out and with everyone trying to break keyboards and trash their TPs trying to scam a TP2 there simply isn't enough to go around.

Now people who legitimately want to purchase them can't get one either!

And when they call the sales rep will say anything to get you to make a purchase of something so they get the commission. Even to the point of lying to you so you will take whatever phone they do have available and make you burn your upgrade to get the phone you actually wanted!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jumpnjoeyz is keeping up the good workjumpnjoeyz is keeping up the good work

There just simply has to be a reason why there aren't any available. I heard that Verizon wasn't expecting any in until after the new year. You can purchase one at Sprint but most stores don't have them and you still have to get them at the online store. Verizon is going to be releasing a number of new phones prior to the new year and maybe they were just looking past the Touch Pro 2 because of the Touch Pro's bad sales. Who knows...but there is definately and underlying reason.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Question Re: Touch pro2 discontinued???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
yes(use the test) and yes
What test? New to this stuff. can yu tell?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

willieg3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpnjoeyz View Post
There just simply has to be a reason why there aren't any available. I heard that Verizon wasn't expecting any in until after the new year. You can purchase one at Sprint but most stores don't have them and you still have to get them at the online store. Verizon is going to be releasing a number of new phones prior to the new year and maybe they were just looking past the Touch Pro 2 because of the Touch Pro's bad sales. Who knows...but there is definately and underlying reason.

I think its definately based on demand. I tried buying it back at the end of September when they first sold out, and had to wait until about 2 weeks ago to purchase mine. They received 1200 units and within less than 2 days sold out. Someone earlier brought up a good point & i agree. HTC just released this phone to 4 different carriers within a matter of 2 months, and they are having a hard time keeping up with the demand. Each unit has its own design, so they have to mass produce 4 different models. AT&T just released theirs and waited for Windows 6.5. If I were a betting man I'd say that Verizon is out of stock now because they are planning on flashing the newer TP2s with 6.5 so they are in stock for the holidays.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

greg72 is a n00b

I returned a TP2 because I was having power issues. I got shipped the Imagio. When I called VZW they told me the same thing, that they wouldn't be stocking it any more. I'm not saying what they said is true but my point is, the guy on the other end of the line had nothing to gain in commision sales. He's not going to sell me a new phone, it IS a new phone. That whole line of logic makes no sense at all. I'll stick with the Imagio for another week call and if there are TP2's available somehow I'll get one, if not, I'd be happy with the new Droid.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Touch pro discontinued???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrusso View Post
check out the blackberry tour.. i just got "upgraded" to it and i kinda like it.. speeds are quick, internet is fast and its just a power house.. only thing i do miss is the touch screen but i kinda got over that fast.
Except it takes 5 minutes to reset.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i770 tp2
Carrier: verizon

BeanAnimal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72 View Post
I returned a TP2 because I was having power issues. I got shipped the Imagio. When I called VZW they told me the same thing, that they wouldn't be stocking it any more. I'm not saying what they said is true but my point is, the guy on the other end of the line had nothing to gain in commision sales. He's not going to sell me a new phone, it IS a new phone. That whole line of logic makes no sense at all. I'll stick with the Imagio for another week call and if there are TP2's available somehow I'll get one, if not, I'd be happy with the new Droid.
Of course it makes sense. The customer service staff at VZW is as prone to spreading rumors as the people on this forum, maybe even more prone. It only takes a few nitwits on a team to set the ball in motion for the rest of the team. Misinformation spreads like a disease. Verizon has never been very good about disiminating information to its huge poorly informed staff.

99% of the people you talk to have no idea what Direct Push with ActiveSync and Exchange is. In almost ALL cases they think you need to use the VZW Wireless Sync and that you need to install the software that comes with the phone. I have NEVER been into a store where ANY of the sales or tech people understand ActiveSync and Exchange. Only Data Services understands it, and even then only a handfull of people are informed.

Almost 100% of the people at the VZW will tell a customer that a BB will work with Exchange Server... it is astonishing how poorly informed they are. VZW could care less, you WILL buy one phone or another and at this point they care about BB more than anything.

Over and over this nonsense churns.... THE TP2 IS NOT DISCONTINUED...

Last edited by BeanAnimal; 10-29-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

fyi guys, i ordered one for my wife this morning, had been calling daily for 3 weeks to get one. if u guys r in the market for one try calling, never know maybe i just got lucky!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850

Import Junky is a n00b

yeah it sucks. Only reason I think verizon would do this is because they have never really been a fan of the Windows Mobile operating system. SO the new andriod phones are probably the next best thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2