loudnlownoma
Lurker

loudnlownoma is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro2 discontinued???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
You know, I can not phathom a company saying "Man this thing is selling so well, we can't even keep it in stock!! Guess we should discontinue it since it's selling so good. Yes, thats what will do, why sell it if everyone is buying it?" I mean really, you guys really buying in to this? They're holding off untill the 6.5 release.

Kinda what I'm thinking. Like was mentioned earlier, this scare likely started with someone's friend who works there or someone calling and hearing something like "They are out of stock currently, but I don't show a re-order date at this time" and that eventually snow-balled into My dad's uncle's brother's roomate knows a guy whose sister's aunt works there and said they aren't getting any more ever!

I was a little worried before I got mine that after going out of stock so quick they may be waiting for the 6.5 upgrade to just release them pre-installed so they don't have to hassle with people messing up the updates. But they have had them come in in spurts here and there, which is how I got mine.

I seriously can't believe (and this is giving them a lot of credit, but of all the things I've seen Verizon fumble in the past, they rarely let it hit them in the wallet) that VZW would look at a phone that so many people think is so great and is selling out faster than they can get it and use that as a reason to discontinue it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.