PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

j-man22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Has sprint stopped EVDO data roaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=42

check this out if you are using roam only. A small program to toggle between roam and automatic.
works so far.
Thanks!
So your getting data on EVDO? Mine still shows 1x data? This is a very nice program tho, much easier to switch over
Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint sero
Threadstarter

texasez is keeping up the good worktexasez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-man22 View Post
Thanks!
So your getting data on EVDO? Mine still shows 1x data? This is a very nice program tho, much easier to switch over
No evdo but i thought you might like the program.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

j-man22 is just getting started

Thank you very much! I really like the program, much more convenient!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

Is it the phones rom thats limiting the data while roaming? Can someone tell me how and what they are using to load different prls, i used to do it on my a900m (it wouldnt allow data while roaming at all). Where is the file located? I searched for .prl but came up empty.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
Is it the phones rom thats limiting the data while roaming? Can someone tell me how and what they are using to load different prls, i used to do it on my a900m (it wouldnt allow data while roaming at all). Where is the file located? I searched for .prl but came up empty.
I just use the Update PRL icon in Settings. Much easier than the old way
Old 10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

But that just updates to the newest prl thats available. I want to modify a prl and then reload it.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 6850

travissand is becoming a great contributor

BUMP So any one figure out how to force EVDO when roaming?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:35 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

carefull guys... you can only use 300mbs of data or800 voice minutes, while roaming or Sprint can/will end your contract..

1. this is a common technique to get Sprint to end your contract without ETF's..

2. we just had a poster in the last 2 weeks say Sprint sent him a termination letter... the first one ive ever heard reported... the reason, To Much Roaming Data..

just be careful guys.... get cancelled, next thing you know your frced to a carrier who limits data and has higher prices

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ata-usage.html

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network.

http://shop.sprint.com/en/legal/lega...cy_popup.shtml

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-09-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ive got sprint and i go to a city with no sprint service at all at least 25 days a month. i roam and get evdo all the time and i use at least 10gb a month. this have been going on for over a year :knock on wood).

ive noticed that i can get evdo while roaming if my phone roams automatically. i can roam and get evdo if i force roam either using reg edits, apps, etc. hope that helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2