PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
So is this capable yet of REPLACING Voice Command, or is it only primarily for outgoing? See, I use Voice Command's abilities to read me my incoming calls and texts, and if this can't do that yet, it's not quite ready for prime time. Also, does it work with the Bluetooth call button?
I thought it was, but you can't use it to open programs like you can with MSV.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2, running Android 2.1
Carrier: Sprint

MultiMatt is just getting started

Yeah, for those of us who like to use the "show such-and-such contact" or "what's my next appointment" or "what calls have I missed" features of Voice Command, it appears that Tellme will not fill that need.

But in all honesty, it's the first of those three that I would miss the most, and it's really not that big of a deal. What is a bigger deal is for Tellme to do a better job of recognizing what I am saying better than it currently does! Slightest bit of background noise and results are out the window...

That's the tricky thing with voice recognition - we usually would want it at a time when physically typing something is inconvenient (or unsafe, such as driving), yet I have not had a successful Tellme session in the car yet! At least Voice Command would recognize my commands with my Bluetooth headset while driving down the road - even JOTT for that matter (though that is an actual person doing transcribing).

We're getting there with this technology, but still a long way to go...

Old 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
I thought it was, but you can't use it to open programs like you can with MSV.

I have found the best way for me to use this program ( I use SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 ) is to drop a Tellme Icon on my Home/Today page ( keep in mind I am using MS 3.5 ) . I have Voice Command disabled in Voice Command settings , but I still have it mapped to the sen key on long press. I just hit the tellme icon when I want to quick access TellMe, but if i need to use Voice Command I still am able to use it as normal by holding down the send key, then giving the usual commands. I find this is very uick and easy way to get into tellme and I still have the functionality of Voice Command with a button touch.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiMatt View Post
Yeah, for those of us who like to use the "show such-and-such contact" or "what's my next appointment" or "what calls have I missed" features of Voice Command, it appears that Tellme will not fill that need.

But in all honesty, it's the first of those three that I would miss the most, and it's really not that big of a deal. What is a bigger deal is for Tellme to do a better job of recognizing what I am saying better than it currently does! Slightest bit of background noise and results are out the window...

That's the tricky thing with voice recognition - we usually would want it at a time when physically typing something is inconvenient (or unsafe, such as driving), yet I have not had a successful Tellme session in the car yet! At least Voice Command would recognize my commands with my Bluetooth headset while driving down the road - even JOTT for that matter (though that is an actual person doing transcribing).

We're getting there with this technology, but still a long way to go...

Not sure if you have your radio on, windows down or a passenger talking, but i have no issues getting accurate texts sent while driving in my car . I have a 350z convertible , so its not like I don't have road noise. It just seems to take a tiny bit of practice. Enunciate clearly and deliberately ( not too slow) and make sure your words do not run together. I will say that I think if you have an accent or hard time pronouncing some words, you may have issues and this may not be the tool for you. A voice recognition translator from native tongue to English text might be a good idea in the future.Not to mention a voice activated "send text " command within the program. I am surprised that was not part of this program
Old 10-30-2009, 11:41 PM
VIP Member

jj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIPjj62mtp is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just installed on juicy rom and....... TOUCH SCREEN WORKS!!!!!!

Used .exe from first post. version is 1.0.1

Last edited by jj62mtp; 10-30-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj62mtp
Just installed on juicy rom and....... TOUCH SCREEN WORKS!!!!!!

Used .exe from first post. version is 1.0.1
Same with the MightyMike ROM.
Everythong works great.

Last edited by gadget1; 11-01-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Carrier: T-Mobile

khtims75 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Same with the MightyMike ROM.
Everythong works great.
So also have a Touch Pro 2 (t-mobile) and cannot get this to work for me. I have Voice Command installed as well as .net 3.5 and I am installing the cab file, not the installer app. The program will open for just a small moment and close down on me. What am I doing wrong?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor

yup had stock it worked but no touch screen. downloaded the same one on might rom and ALL TOUCH SCREEN FUNCTION WORKS! verrrrry niiice!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

works great for me but it gets a little confused on speech to text

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 11-04-2009, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work

Works for me pretty well now that I'm starting to learn it on Juicy R2. Even have my voice command working as well with it. barely touched my phone while walking or driving yesterday. Would just voice command tellme and transcribe any long texts. I would only write short ones, and by the end of the day I've got tell me pretty much onpoint with recognizing most of what I say, even with a bit of noise in the back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2