PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

SpriteGF is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Freeze when slide-out keyboard switches display to landscape w\ stock Sprint 6.5 ROM

Has anybody encountered Windows Mobile 6.5 freezing when you slide out your keyboard? This seems to occur randomly. My display switches to landscape mode properly, then freezes. The clock doesn't update, and no amount of pressing any soft or hard keys will make the device respond. I then need to soft reset the device.

I have the Touch Pro 2 Cleanup and SIPChange installed.
I've also tried disabling ClearType.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Admiral688 is a n00b
Re: Freeze when slide-out keyboard switches display to landscape w\ stock Sprint 6.5

Yes, I have had this issue happen to me on occasion as well. I used to reset my phone and that cleared it up for awhile.....

Once I didnt have the time to do it and it actually came back after a min or so, so I ruled out hardware (my ire @ HTC over past hardware issues is legendary). I didnt have this issue with the 6.1 stock sprint build and am running the stock 6.5 build now.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

SpriteGF is a n00b
Re: Freeze when slide-out keyboard switches display to landscape w\ stock Sprint 6.5

My device gets stuck for more than 4 minutes, and then my patience runs out and I soft reset my device. I'm going to try hard-resetting and restoring from backup since that (oddly enough) sometimes clears things up, as counterintuitive as that may be.

If all else fails, I'll hard reset and start building the device back up from scratch.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jac187 is just getting started

my tp2 has been freezing quite a bit lately. even after soft resets. i have had to soft reset 3-4 times just to get it working again. i am gonna hard reset to today to see if this fixes the problems.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6850
Carrier: verizon

djeasy is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to djeasy

mines doing the same thing, I've tried hard resetting and installing dif roms.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Maxis

SnoopyWong is a n00b

Hi all, recently my tp2 had freeze also , and the worst is, sometimes it even black screen when i slide the keyboard. Does anyone have solution yet? please help!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The ribbon cable is tearing. It will need replacing.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch xv6900
Carrier: CricKet

exsadvocate is a n00b

mines been doing all of the above mentioned for some time now with added battery meter not showing how much battery is remaining or if its charging or not. It's a complete mess. Im using EnergyRom ROM ver:25.AUG.2010 ROM Date:11/20/09 if that helps any I would venture far from that one. Was nice and neat for a month then all hell broke loose. Been really unstable. My device is a TP2 with cricket as the carrier. Internet used to work flawlessly as well for around 1-2mos now updating weather or just visiting a web page is like a Steven King nightmare come true. HATE IT!

Last edited by exsadvocate; 04-16-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsadvocate
mines been doing all of the above mentioned for some time now with added battery meter not showing how much battery is remaining or if its charging or not. It's a complete mess. Im using EnergyRom ROM ver:25.AUG.2010 ROM Date:11/20/09 if that helps any I would venture far from that one. Was nice and neat for a month then all hell broke loose. Been really unstable. My device is a TP2 with cricket as the carrier. Internet used to work flawlessly as well for around 1-2mos now updating weather or just visiting a web page is like a Steven King nightmare come true. HATE IT!
Remove your storage card and run task29. Then reflash a rom and then hard reset.
If your problems persist you have a hardware malfunction.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
6.5, 6.5 rom, sprint 6.5 touch pro 2, sprint htc touch pro2