PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: Super Noob question - this is my first WinMobile device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raivyn View Post
Hi, and TIA for answering this really basic noob question...

How do you download a .cab file to your phone? I just got an HTC Touch Pro 2, and can't figure it out...do you download it onto your computer and then "import" it over to the phone, or do you have to browse via the phone and download from there?

Thank you!!
there are a few ways first u could email it to urself, or use a sd card! or dl from this wiforums!!

you can also download to ur computer connect phone via activesync and drag and drop to ur phone!!

when im at work i email the cabs to my self but if im at home i usally go to the page and download it or connect my sd card to my computer and copy like that

Last edited by Adrianh85; 11-04-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: added more ways
Old 11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
there are a few ways first u could email it to urself, or use a sd card! or dl from this wiforums!!

you can also download to ur computer connect phone via activesync and drag and drop to ur phone!!

when im at work i email the cabs to my self but if im at home i usally go to the page and download it or connect my sd card to my computer and copy like that
another fun thing to do is to use a QR Code reader (Barcorama) to just hold your phone up to the PC and take a picture of the code generator
Old 11-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
another fun thing to do is to use a QR Code reader (Barcorama) to just hold your phone up to the PC and take a picture of the code generator
yeah i have done that before
Old 11-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Raivyn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post

Ahh...thanks for the ideas! Right now emailing to myself seems to be the easiest way....still haven't figured out how to move applications from my desktop to the phone.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:05 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Re: [FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ

Use MyMobiler and use mobile explorer. i will add this to the FAQ when i get home

http://www.mymobiler.com/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

eore227 is just getting started

Hey guys where in the settings of my phone do I turn off the feature where when I'm making a phone call and it connects it vibrates and when typing numbers it vibrates to off. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:50 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Go to Start-Settings-Personal-Phone

Also check Start-Settings-Personal-Sounds

Should have everything you want to do with turning on and off vibrates
Old 11-07-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hmm I still can't find anything that is associated with the vibrating features. I did find the sound settings but everything is turned off for that except it is set up to vibrate when it rings. I know I turned it off before but I just installed the cleanup tweak and reset everything. Driving me nuts haha.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by eore227 View Post
hmm I still can't find anything that is associated with the vibrating features. I did find the sound settings but everything is turned off for that except it is set up to vibrate when it rings. I know I turned it off before but I just installed the cleanup tweak and reset everything. Driving me nuts haha.
Go to Settings, click on 'System' tab, then click on 'TouchFLO'.. There is the option for screen vibrations..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok I found that touch flow setting and took off the vibrate function but I still get vibrate in the phone section with dialing and calling.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2