PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: --01/04/2010 --[FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ --01/04/2010 --

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Whats the diffrence between installing a program on your sd card and device?

Does the program actually install on the sdcard? if so when I HR why doesn't the program stay (since its on the card not the device?
Hi! If you install a program on your SD card, it uses the memory on the card - if you install on device, then you are using device memory. As much as possible, install programs on SD card since your memory on device is so limited compared to that of an SD card.... Now, when you install a program on an SD card, a shortcut is created in your Start Menu which is located in \Windows\StartMenu\Programs .... when you do a HR, you wipe your Start Menu folder clean which deletes all your shortcuts that were created..... (I'm trying to keep this as succinct and short as possible! )

Not all programs will work properly, however, unless installed on your device (i.e., Swype, cabs like taskbars and such which have a direct bearing on your device system). Games and things like that work great being installed on SD Card.

.... after a hard reset, you may choose to reinstall the programs that were installed on your SD card or simply create a shortcut of the exe. file of the program in \Windows\StartMenu\Programs - most can be done successfully that way..... Other programs, like Skyfire or Kinoma Play have folders that are created in your device Application Data folder when installed on the SD card, so, unless you know where those files are, it's best just to reinstall the program....

I hope this helps!! Holler if it doesn't!!

Hypnotic2010 Custom PPCGEEKS and XDA Developers search tool
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvettejudd View Post
Hi! If you install a program on your SD card, it uses the memory on the card - if you install on device, then you are using device memory. As much as possible, install programs on SD card since your memory on device is so limited compared to that of an SD card.... Now, when you install a program on an SD card, a shortcut is created in your Start Menu which is located in \Windows\StartMenu\Programs .... when you do a HR, you wipe your Start Menu folder clean which deletes all your shortcuts that were created..... (I'm trying to keep this as succinct and short as possible! )

Not all programs will work properly, however, unless installed on your device (i.e., Swype, cabs like taskbars and such which have a direct bearing on your device system). Games and things like that work great being installed on SD Card.

.... after a hard reset, you may choose to reinstall the programs that were installed on your SD card or simply create a shortcut of the exe. file of the program in \Windows\StartMenu\Programs - most can be done successfully that way..... Other programs, like Skyfire or Kinoma Play have folders that are created in your device Application Data folder when installed on the SD card, so, unless you know where those files are, it's best just to reinstall the program....

I hope this helps!! Holler if it doesn't!!
Very well thought out post! thanks man

I just installed slacker radio on my sd card but a folder wasnt created in the sdcard? Or is it hidden or something like that. The cab is also on the sd card does that have anything to do with it?

I just noticed the program was installed on my PHONE (program files/slacker) how is that possible if I choose to put it on my sdcard? and can I move the program file to my sd card?

How do I create a shortcut?

thanks again

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 04-06-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Very well thought out post! thanks man

I just installed slacker radio on my sd card but a folder wasnt created in the sdcard? Or is it hidden or something like that. The cab is also on the sd card does that have anything to do with it?

I just noticed the program was installed on my PHONE (program files/slacker) how is that possible if I choose to put it on my sdcard?

How do I create a shortcut?

thanks again
Hi, Program Files is another place that a program is placed even when you install it on the SD card (now, that particular point is for someone more knowledgeable than I).... I just reinstalled Slacker to see exactly what it does... when you open your Start Menu, you should see Slacker on there.......

P.S. Most programs don't do like Slacker if you install them on the SD card - Slacker's a rebel

Last edited by Tink; 04-06-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jgjce82 is a n00b

Hello everyone I really hope one of you guys or chefs can help me on these two problems.

-I wanna enable the "rotation" for all the apps
-I wanna enable the "X" buttom to close any app

Please let me know of registry edits only, I really don't wanna install any cabs.

I would really appreciate any help thank you so much
Old 04-08-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jj14x is just getting started
Re: --12/06/09 --[FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ --12/06/09 --

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilvlp View Post
hello to all! im thinking of doing some tweaking on my htc tp2 ... registry tweaking, and/or do a rom flash, if i do something not right, and something goes wrong with my phone, will doing a hard reset restore everything back to normal?

thank you!
With anything like a registry edit, or cab install, a hard reset will get you back to the how your ROM (stock or custom) was originally.
If you are trying to flash a new custom ROM, as long as you install the ROM properly (unlock/flash as described in the instructions) - you will be ok. But in some circumstances, (example: if you use the wrong file) you could brick your phone (from what I've read). Hard reset may not fix it then.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: --12/06/09 --[FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ --12/06/09 --

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
With anything like a registry edit, or cab install, a hard reset will get you back to the how your ROM (stock or custom) was originally.
If you are trying to flash a new custom ROM, as long as you install the ROM properly (unlock/flash as described in the instructions) - you will be ok. But in some circumstances, (example: if you use the wrong file) you could brick your phone (from what I've read). Hard reset may not fix it then.
that was answered 3 months ago. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=93
Old 04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

legalspy is a n00b

Is there an easier editor than Total Commander? I'm new to this...
Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalspy View Post
Is there an easier editor than Total Commander? I'm new to this...
what's so hard about it?
PHM RegEdit is another free popular one.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started
Re: [FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Cutty View Post
I'm getting a TP2 in the mail tomorrow, and I was wondering if you can use the Sprint version internationally? I was planning on going to Egypt to see someone next year, and I was trying to find that out so I don't get charged international calling fees from Sprint. Also, if you can use it internationally, how? Would I just buy a SIM card from a pre-paid company there and put it in my phone, or do I have to do something else? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
As far as I am aware the TP2 does work Internationally. It has a Sim Card in it. I just received my TP2 last week Wednesday. When travelling you must first contact Sprint so they can activate your Sim Card. Then you will be able to use it internationally.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

Re: [FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkirox_1 View Post
As far as I am aware the TP2 does work Internationally. It has a Sim Card in it. I just received my TP2 last week Wednesday. When travelling you must first contact Sprint so they can activate your Sim Card. Then you will be able to use it internationally.
his post was already answered back in november, right after he asked that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2