PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 01:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Almost Have a Touch Pro 2!

I'm just wondering how does no sig required by sender have to do with poster's friends?

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-17-2009, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

uhohitzluke is a n00b

i didn't tell anyone I ordered a touch pro 2. Plus none of my friends know anything bout cell phones X__X
Old 10-17-2009, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

uhohitzluke is a n00b

Sorry for the double post, but I'm terribly worried about my situation! It was my parents' money and they won't be happy about hearing this.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

journeyman846 is a n00b

Well the person that sold it to you needs to request a tracer on the package. The purpose of the tracer is to provide proof of delivery. If UPS is unable to prove delivery, a claim number for loss is issued and you will hopefully get your package, unless the seller is a crook. This happens all the time where I work and the customer will almost always get a replacement in a week or two.

Last edited by journeyman846; 10-17-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch; HTC Touch Pro 2

xx8josh9xx is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to xx8josh9xx Send a message via Yahoo to xx8josh9xx

After reading all of the post I think you need to contact UPS and talk to them again. I would say this is at fault of UPS. I say this because the driver should know was and/or who they gave the package to. This is a fault of UPS. UPS should be able to put a 'tracker' on the package to find it. Also if you live in a small town (even sometimes if not) the UPS will drop the package off at the local post office for the postal service to deliver it. And then often times you will get a slip in the mail saying to pick it up at the post office because the box is too large to fix in your mail box. Sometimes taking longer to get your package then it should.....I hope this doesn’t happen for me because I to and waiting on my package. Sorry for your loss. GOOD LUCK!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul --> TP --> TP2

knldge is becoming a great contributor

This has happened to me in the past, where UPS claimed it was in fact delivered to the address. The online tracking tool had indicated that it was delivered at the address. I had called UPS, and they tracked the driver down. The driver backtracked his way back to the package, and realized that he had dropped it off at the wrong house number - a couple of houses up the street. Since I had called UPS right away, they were able to track the driver who was still in the vicinity, and he was able to rectify the issue right away. Good luck though in getting your phone back!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

I bought a TP2 on ebay which I got a good deal, cheaper than upgraded price, even if it included tax. I usually wait outside when the item has not been delivered yet on the day it will be deliver, due to sometimes, you get bad neighbors.

Its true that UPS sometimes mistaken to deliver to wrong address. It happen to me once. UPS delivered a DELL XPS laptop to my neighbor. The neighbor was nice enough to walk over and gave me the item.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by knldge View Post
This has happened to me in the past, where UPS claimed it was in fact delivered to the address. The online tracking tool had indicated that it was delivered at the address. I had called UPS, and they tracked the driver down. The driver backtracked his way back to the package, and realized that he had dropped it off at the wrong house number - a couple of houses up the street. Since I had called UPS right away, they were able to track the driver who was still in the vicinity, and he was able to rectify the issue right away. Good luck though in getting your phone back!
this sounds the most logical to me. i'd go visit some of your neighbors. maybe not mention a phone, just that you were supposed to receive a package, and ask if they had received it by mistake. i once had a package delivered to my house which was for a different address, nearly a block away, i walked there and gave it to the owner, but i doubt many people would do this, especially if they opened it.

i don't think the seller is at fault in any way, unless they were buddies with the ups driver, hah. its straight up ups's fault. did you pay by credit card via paypal? if so it is very simple to have the charged revoked, if it was a debit/check card via paypal it may be a little more difficult.

could always threaten ups with the police if they refuse to help you or are sending you in circles. one way or another, you'll get your package or your money back, so don't sweat bullets. it does suck though, and i hope things work out for ya
Old 10-17-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

if someone did sign for it you can go to ups website and put in the track # and see the sig. try to make it out and go from there.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by quid246 View Post
Looks like UPS did one of those "drop without signature routines".

Hate to suggest this... but if anybody knew you were receiving a TP2 (friends, etc), they might have been the culprit who "picked it up" for you.
Interestingly enough, I was sitting in my car infront my house surfing the web on my TP2 yesterday,when a UPS van rolled up, dropped off a package on my neighbors doorstep, rang the doorbell, jumped back into the van and drove off. I remember thinking, boy look how easy it is to steal someones "package". I have personally had at least 3 UPS packages left on my own doorstep in the past, though it would be very dificult for a passerby to see anything sitting there. Unfortunately this might be much ore common than we beleive.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2