PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio Innocase ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspnews View Post
I also have the combo but havn't really gotten used to the carrier. ... but then I never used one before plus I have other stuff on my belt (leatherman)
I can also confirm the holster is straight black plastic. Its worth mentioning I think that you would probably run into wear issues if it was the same as the phone cover the rubber on the cover is a surface coat and I think if they put it on the holster it would wear off and look ugly.

FYI ... the case drills easily and the inside is an off white plastic, its not black all the way through.

I conquered my biggest complaint which was that I couldn't soft reset without taking 2 layers off ... so I drilled a hole though both Drilling plastic is so easy because its soft that unless you go crazy it looks pretty stock.

Also wanted to say ... big ups for seidos screen protector ... works perfect and is clear as they get. If nothing else those are worth the money without a doubt.
funny that the holster that works for naked phone .. is rubberized and the one for the innocase is not ....???

i also ordered the screen protector .. i am guessing that it is better then the one that comes with the phone...

can u explain how u put it on .. u have to use water or soap .. or it is one of the ones where u peel back one side like a bandade?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

tspnews is becoming a great contributor

Yeah I see that in the descriptions ... got me ... but I realy do think having the rubber feel on the holster is a non issue. I guess if you really really liked the feel of it but how much do you really grab the holster during the day? I am not about to take a nail to both and check but I do think that the rubberized coating will scratch easier then the hard plastic ... but thats just an assumption so take with grain of salt.

The screen guard :
Its a peel and press application. Although, as I mentioned in a previous post the cut is very very accurate so if you put it on even slightly askew by the time you get to the other end of the phone it will be off enough that the edge wont be perfect.

I had to try it a few times and managed to get a fuzzy or 2 in there ... which is not acceptable

So .. I poured rubbing alchohol over the sticky side, it cleaned everything off perfectly. Then once it dried I reapplied extra slowly and it worked dead on.

Been about a week now and no issues at all. It takes on finger prints like any other clean plastic surface but cleans easily and no signs of wear or scratches (but then if anything started to fail after a week Id be suprised)

Last edited by tspnews; 11-19-2009 at 07:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Are most of you satisfied with the bulk added to the phone? I mean this phone is huge already. I tried this on my touch pro and didn't like the extra thickness. However looks like a nice case so im on the fence right now.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:38 PM
VIP Member

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it adds 1mm of thickness to phone .. u think u can live with that?
Old 11-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
it adds 1mm of thickness to phone .. u think u can live with that?
Ha, maybe. Also maybe the touch pro case was a little thicker.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

s10sdeville is a n00b

just got this case in the mail today. probably the nicest case ive ever had quality is amazing, fit is perfect. ill feel totally safe dropping my phone now lol
Old 11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
VIP Member

i ordered on tuesday and i am on the east coast .. we will see if i get today as well
Old 11-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10sdeville View Post
just got this case in the mail today. probably the nicest case ive ever had quality is amazing, fit is perfect. ill feel totally safe dropping my phone now lol
Don't feel too safe . I had one of these on my Touch Pro 1 and when I dropped it, it hit the corner and popped the top half right off and then on insuing tumble, it took damage to the edges.

I'm not criticizing the case at all, I liked it on my TP1, just don't expect perfect results if you do drop it.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

XmemphistoX is just getting started

I got the case for my TP2 sprint version and the front panel cover almost fits but not on one corner.

It seems it is too small and keeps popping out near the power button. The clip at that edge does not stay clipped, pops right out.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4

hidaya is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmemphistoX View Post
I got the case for my TP2 sprint version and the front panel cover almost fits but not on one corner.

It seems it is too small and keeps popping out near the power button. The clip at that edge does not stay clipped, pops right out.
my gues would be you have a bad one, im sure you could contact the company, explain the situation and get it replaced

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2