PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Time for a "Still Love my TP2" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
lol funny...tho hun lol some of the things they said are tru. The processor is older but it's for better gps (no lag with tp2) and the the tp has more rom and ram. I've filled up my tp2 internal memory once and i never did when i had my tp..but nevertheless I still love my tp2 way over my tp!!!
The ram and rom are idenical, once we start flashing our TP2 and rid all that bloatware and pre loading at startup you will notice they are the same. The cpu on the TP is a MSM7200 which is newer and has the CDMA radio, The TP2 cpu is a MSM7600 which is older but has the GSM/CDMA radioI consider the MSM7600 a upgrade
Old 10-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

still lovin my TP2 aswell, my last wm device was a mogul..so this one is so much nicer
Old 10-17-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

2 stuck white pixels (only visible in camera mode in a dark room).

Rub marks from opening and closing the keyboard.

1 hard reset after a .cab broke my clock and uninstalling the .cab didn't fix it.

I seriously still LOVE this device. It's the best Windows Mobile device I've owned (and I've been a WinMo user for just over 15 years). Now running a combo of the At0m Enhanced 3D driver and NeoS 2007 Driverpack 3. Touchflo freakin' FLYS!!! (as does everything else on the device. Smooth as silk.

This is going to be the "it" device for the next 12-18 months until Windows Mobile 7 comes out in conjunction with the next generation processors.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:02 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Had mine for well over 2 months now and love it as much now as when I first got it. Still lovin' this keyboard more than any other...same goes for the screen. Can't really find any major fault with it. My original concerns about a lack of d-pad have gone...you adapt.

I was never really happy with my TP1...hence why I switched back and forth between that and my 6800 originally, and then a Treo Pro later on. Back then I was still looking for the ultimate smartphone, and the TP1 wasn't it. Then the TP2 came along. I've not regretted the upgrade for an instant.

Actually I do have one complaint, and that is the BT issues...but hey, nothing's perfect in this world, but this ain't far off

Old 10-18-2009, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
lol funny...tho hun lol some of the things they said are tru. The processor is older but it's for better gps (no lag with tp2) and the the tp has more rom and ram. I've filled up my tp2 internal memory once and i never did when i had my tp..but nevertheless I still love my tp2 way over my tp!!!
The ram and rom are idenical, once we start flashing our TP2 and rid all that bloatware and pre loading at startup you will notice they are the same. The cpu on the TP is a MSM7200 which is newer and has the CDMA radio, The TP2 cpu is a MSM7600 which is older but has the GSM/CDMA radioI consider the MSM7600 a upgrade
This is true, the TP and TP2 have the same ammount of rom and ram, after tweeking the ram can be as free as on the TP but the Rom is kinda small atm. Still no real issue. If the 7600 is older than the 7200 it sure doesnt feel like it since it doesnt overheat and seams to definitly run faster than the old TP. The phone still has a problem with heat from charging instead of the radio this time (with my waterproof motorcycle mount) still working on a fix but it still isnt near as bad as my old TP2.

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 10-18-2009, 01:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just spent some time with my old TP1, which I am handing down to my wife.. And OMG, that phone sucks!

Made me appreciate how beautiful and responsive the stock TP2 is. The people who think the TP2 is just a screen upgrade over the TP1 are silly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2