View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM
IM0001
PPCGeeks Regular

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

With all these boohoo stories about people leaving the TP2 for the Hero and whatnot, I thought it was time for a good Sticking with my TP2 thread.

So far I've been with my TP2 for almost 3 weeks and cannot stop loving it. Compaired to my old TP1, it is just a vast improvement in the terms of useability, speed (even with the same speed processor), and overall quality. The TP1 worked but even after tweeking and flashing the bejebus out of it, it never quite worked 100%. A rom would look and run fantastic for a period of time but out of nowhere it would lock up, have glitches in certain apps and programs, and sometimes render the phone unuseable. When it worked it worked great, but it also always seamed that you were patching the phone together with different parts from other phones that never worked quite right. Even thought the TP2 is still on the stock Sprint rom, it is amazingly stable, fast, and feature filled. With the tweeks found all over this site the phone has been tuned to perfection while also remaining stable. The phone portion itself is also greatly improved. On the TP1 I played with a few different dialers but they never worked quite right all the time. Often times I had issues where I would try to answer a call but the phone would hang a few sec and end up missing the call before it picked up or when I hung up a call, it would stay in the call while looking like it hung up. A bit annoying for sure.
On the physical side the TP1 had the nifty touch of chrome and a D-pad with the nifty led lights, and a Flash. I kind of miss those (having the front edge of the TP2 in chrome would have been a nice touch) and the flash made a fantastic flashlight.

Besides that the TP2 screen is much bigger and more useable then the TP1. Even with vga the tp1 was just too small a screen to really take advantage of the res. My 5 year old x50v is vga with still a much bigger screen then both devices and it works fantastic for all my multimedia and gaming needs. Its still better than either TP in that aspect.

The overall feel of the TP2 is much more solid, better built, and it overall has a smoother feel. It is a pleasure to use and hold with a bit more solid heft to it. The other positive notes like the larger keyboard, tilt, and speakerphone are all a given how much I like them.

The only real negative I have with the phone is the volume buttons. Some of you say you disliked the buttons being flush on the old TP1 but being how you hold the phone when using the keyboard, my fingers that hold the phone up are right at the lower volume button and always hit it when im typing with the KB. It is really anoying and I have to think about my finger placement when typing.

Well its a bit of a mashup comparison but theres most of my thoughts. I do not know how you could leave this phone for an inferrior device even with a different OS that might seem better at a time. I cannot wait for the HSPL or at least the official 6.5, but I can say I do love my phone in all its 6.1 Glory.

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
This post has been thanked 4 times.