PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your Touch Pro 2 show Rainbow Banding?
Yes. 189 49.22%
No, and it is over a month old. 195 50.78%
Voters: 384. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does your screen show Rainbow Banding?

none here, would be pretty upset if mine was like that
Old 10-10-2009, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Hell, here we go again. This is the same oil screen issue that plagued many tp1's. This has nothing to do with having a screen protector on so please don't say that, its the screen itself. Every touch pro 1 I owned had this issue at some point and I am on #5. I swear to who ever you believe in that if this happens to my tp2 I am going to be very pissed.
lmfao funniest thing I've heard all day
Old 10-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

dizzle2005 is a n00b

Wow.. I just returned my TP2 because the same thing showed up in the middle of the screen. Even though it was not as big as the pictured one, I noticed when the screen was black and tilt it to the light, I thought I had done something, but it was squared perfectly on the screen, like a little puddle. Called sprint and asked for a replacment and they dindn't even aske what was wrong with it.. they just sent me out a replacement, got the the next day. Now I am even happier to return it cause it might gotten bigger over time.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

wow my old touch pro 1 had that till it melted lol
Old 10-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had three touch pro's that did that. It is going to be very sad if that continues to be a problem for the tp2.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Slimicus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmallit View Post
Do you have any screen protector or anything on it? I had that happen with my touch and my tp2 with a Zagg screen protector.
I actually have two of these phones. On one of them, the screen protector was installed immediately and it's about 2 weeks old, and it still doesn't show this problem. It was the screen protector that came with the phone.

What happened was I didn't know the phones came with a screen protector, I actually ordered a ZAGG protector, but it's still sitting in the packaging because when the second phone came in, I found out there was a screen protector included so I installed it on both phones and that's when I first noticed this problem (BEFORE I installed the screen protector)

Incidently, I had this problem on my original Touch Pro, and Sprint refused to replace it for me since it was not completely obstructing my view. They said I would have to invoke my insurance and pay the deductible to have it replaced. That phone never had a screen protector of any kind and didn't exhibit the problem until like around 9 months after I had the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
None of the eight tp's I owned had that problem and not on my tp2. I would get that exchanged asap.
I haven't tried to exchange this one yet, but I'm not very hopeful since Sprint refused to replace the phone under warantee of my original Touch Pro that had this exact same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Did you, by any chance, leave your phone in the bathroom when you took a shower?
No, I don't ever take my phone into the bathroom, so I know that's never been the case. I'm very particular about my phone since I had to buy it out of contract, and in fact, right now as it usually is, it's sitting in a protective microfiber cloth on my desk. I do carry it in my jeans, but never with any other objects (such as keys, or even receipts.) I've also never left it in the car, but I park in my garage and it hasn't been that hot since I've had the phone outside anyway.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Oh god, I hope mine doesn't get this. My roommate had this twice on his TP1s. I'm going to be extremely pissed if this becomes a problem with the TP2...
Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

My goodness, not on the Pro 2...too. I used to see that on my touch all the time, it would just show up, seem to disappear and reappear again. I eventuaally had my touch swapped out for a brand new one. I thought the Diamond screen was different because I never ever saw it on my Diamond. I guess here we go again as the potential of it happening to our Pro 2s is evidentally very present.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

BTW, I forgot to add that that rainbow has nothing to do with a screen protector. It happened on my touch all the time, two different ones, and I never had a screen protector on either. You need to get an exchange and cross your fingers that the next one you get is fine.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

This happened to both of my diamonds the 1st one he changed the screen and shortly after that my vibrate stopped working. a few months later the replacement developed this although smaller in size, i didnt bother getting it swapped out since i was ready to replace the diamond altogether. The tech never understood wat was causing it, he said when he replaced the 1st one it seemed like some sort of moisture but not water, i would suggest you get it swapped asap before the refurbs start rolling out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
oil slick, oily, rainbow, screen