PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This is a question for potential buyers of sprint TP2s addressed to current owner

My corporate rep says they are waiting for 6.5 to be released before they put them in stores.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: This is a question for potential buyers of sprint TP2s addressed to current owner

I can't say that I bought one in the store, but in a non corp store yesterday, they had a working TP2 (6.1) and the manager said they have them in stock and have sold a bunch, but I agree, telesales is the way to go to work a deal.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat78boy View Post
My corporate rep says they are waiting for 6.5 to be released before they put them in stores.
your corporate rep isn't too bright, some stores already have them, and some start selling this week. At least you know not to trust anything he says anymore.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
your corporate rep isn't too bright, some stores already have them, and some start selling this week. At least you know not to trust anything he says anymore.
These guys are tools.........and not very good tools at that!

Used to be so good.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: instinct
Carrier: sprint

irock1985 is a n00b

They are coming into stores as of this week.. Though they are few and far in between. The store rep i spoke to said they only had 2 in stock but new shipments come daily so expect in store stock to grow over the next few days/weeks.

P.S. They will not have WinMo 6.5... Possibly won't have that for months on sprint at least

Last edited by irock1985; 10-08-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

yachtspecco is just getting started

Wow, This is not the experience I had. I asked the local store when they might get a TP-2 and they said one of their guys was supposed to be an "advocate" and receive one. No plans to stock them. I checked back a week later and they still hadn't seen one but told me that the Redmond Sprint store (yes the hometown of Microsoft) had them in stock. I had reason to be in the neighborhood so I stopped in and met the nicest most knowledgeable store sales gal I had ever encountered. I had my TP-2 the next day for $319 with 2 year committment and rebate. (I was out of contract) Since that time I have sold my TP on Ebay for $200 and contacted her about "Verizon Price Match". She just credited my acct. $150 today. I truly found a great source and service through Sprint in her and I plan to refer business to her besides my own. Oh and she also set me up with 25% discounts on my plan and add ons. I'm going to call her tomorrow and ask if she wants me to publish her name on this board. It pays to find a winner and do right by them.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I heard today from best buy that they arn't gonna carry it for any carrier.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

no store in Tampa, FL had them....(sprint)
last month I went to pay my bill (29th) and the guys at the store (corporate) saw the phone their jaw dropped to their knee, they were where did get that phone? how? how much? i was like huh! funny as hell then a costumer come by and ask me the same thing "yo i dont see that phone in here" man that did my date.....
Old 10-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I bought mine through telesales. Fairly easy transaction. Got a few credits for my TP1 still owed to me, and got the verizon price for the TP2. Now everytime I leave my office, I have to manually change my IP address in WiFi back to auto for the phones own data services to work. Apparently from Sprint, you are not suppose to add manual IP's into the phone and still have regualar sprint data services as it doesnt suport it.They said it's either or. I told them my mogul did, as well as my TP1. Oh well, so much for a World Business phone.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

OsirisFael is a n00b

Thanks for all of the good information.

As for myself in the Boston area, I was told that they would have it in stores sunday, at the latest monday.
This was at the sprint location in the south shore plaza, braintree.

I have no idea how valid this info may be since it was just from a regular sprint worker, but going by the fact that it is popping up in different places right around when I heard this is reason to cross fingers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
dates, in stores, sprint touch pro2