PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

OsirisFael is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is a question for potential buyers of sprint TP2s addressed to current owners

If you have purchased a Sprint Touch Pro2, please tell how you purchased it, i.e: Telesales, In store, online. However, If you bought it in a sprint store, where was it? I know it has very limited availability in store, and it isn't even in Massachussetts at all from what I've seen. What is troublesome is that through telesales, you don't really have any wiggle room as far as making deals goes, and you may get a defective device in the mail (dead pixels, shoddy keyboard), and I'm sure many know how much of a pain it is to exchange your phone through telesales, only to get a refurb. For those reasons, I'm sure many prefer to buy their phones, especially ppc devices, in store. This thread is meant to gain and share information about where the Sprint TP2 is available for purchase in person, and any solid dates in which it will be available at different locations.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: This is a question for potential buyers of sprint TP2s addressed to current owner

Its not available in stores period. I got mine from telesales
Old 10-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

OsirisFael is a n00b
Re: This is a question for potential buyers of sprint TP2s addressed to current owner

That is what I had thought, but I wasn't sure. Do you think it will ever be in stores?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Honestly, idk. Im hearing yes, but as far off as January. Or as soon as next month. You can always go into a Sprint store and have it direct shipped to the store, or your house. That way you can have your wiggle room. And if you do buy it via telesales, you can exchange it in any corporate store as well
Old 10-08-2009, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I got mine through telesales and when they were going to charge me for shipping and the upgrade fee, I told the woman to cancel the order. She got some account services manager on the phone who then promised to credit me the $150 as VZW was going to be that much cheaper along w/ crediting me the $30 for the upgrade and shipping. It was like pulling teeth to get the $150 credited but they did it. So far so good as far as the phone, no problems, and I was also told that you can return any phone to a corporate store. I also saw a TP2 in a non-corporate store yesterday, so they're out there. The store was a Sprint labeled store, but not a corporate one, in CT.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I wouldn't recommend the stores, they have the least power when it comes to giving credits. They have a max of a certain amount and they definitely can't use it for upgrades or new connections, it is for customer service issues. The amount of getting them to price match verizon would be a $150, this is not going to happen in the stores.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:33 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

EBAY worked great for me.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I got mine in store as a replacement "repair" of my touch pro.. As they stated to me on Monday (i believe) that they were the only store in the country to have them and they just got them that day.. But I walked in with a pro and walked out with a pro 2 with no out of pocket costs. Now granted they have replaced my pro 12+ times for legitimate repair related reasons.

James
Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

iknowsingh is becoming a great contributor

I bought mine through my local Sprint store (northern Westchester county, NY.. non corporate store).. they ordered it from the warehouse and I paid, it was shipped to the store via overnight, I picked it up, activated in store and voila, done.

This was last Friday when I recieved it.. ordered on Thursday.. at the time, they had over 13,000 in stock at the warehouse from what he saw on their in-store system.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I should mention that the store here in Oregon had them in stock. They were suprised to see that no other store had them in stock in the entire country.

James

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
dates, in stores, sprint touch pro2