PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Returned My TP 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpnjoeyz View Post
Getting things stirred up....have to love it. I am not by any means saying that I think the mogul is a better phone. Just want more for the money I guess. A revolt against the pricing of Sprint, and the developing and marketing ideas of HTC to sell more phones. Think about it. The Touch Pro 2 has the same processor as the mogul.

tp2 has a 528 mhz the mogul has 400 mhz what you mean same processor?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

nitussi is just getting started

Love the TP2, but I'm gonna wait for something nicer myself. The problem with HTC/WM phones is that they are always 6 months to a year old by the time the U.S. gets them, where as iphone and pre's are instantly on the market with faster processors and newer technology. Which sucks! Doesn't make since for a WM phone to come out that late and selling for over $400 because the carrier wants you to think that its a new device. If my phone has a 400x800 reso, then I want to be able to play a high quality video at that resolution. That means a powerful enough processor. Like I said b4, luv tp2 and was waiting for it forever, but if sprint can't get the phones fast enough, the excitement goes down hill for me!

Last edited by nitussi; 10-07-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

disturbed730 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

the mogul its like saying my atari still works while everyone is on an xbox360...the mogul was great...i loved that phone...but this world belongs to bigscreens and faster hardware...in two years, ill be saying the same about the tp2...thats life people...but in the end...its all about preference and opinion...but this site is about facts...donot be tossed off track by all the complaints...not everyone is tech savvy...ive seen people ask how do you make ringtones...doesnt mean its not possible...just means that particular person couldnt do it...same goes for every other aspect...take your time...do it right...if not...accept that ya couldnt do it or blame it on the phone and the phones price as many do...
Old 10-07-2009, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitussi View Post
If my phone has a 400x800 reso, then I want to be able to play a high quality video at that resolution.
that's certainly no problem with a TP2, I do it all the time.

~John
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mobius999 is just getting started

I loved my Mogul. Right up until I tried to do anything but text or make a phonecall with it. Trying to go more than 1 webpage deep in Skyfire would made it choke and die. Yeah... I'm pretty happy about my TP2!

Mogul is now demoted to a little gamepad. I shoved every emulator and rom I have in there and it will sit in the car faithfully waiting for the next major traffic jam when I'll pull it out and power it on again.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wesd is a n00b

This is a good discussion. I'm debating the same thing, I have the TP1 (free upgrade from a buggy Mogul) and I've never been pleased with it. Between the battery life and the hardware form factor, I was much happier with the Mogul. Now that I see the TP2 won't have WM6.5 for a few months, I'm thinking of picking up a NIB Mogul for $200 and using it for another year.

The key reason for going backwards is that I like to use streaming radio in my car on road trips and the TP1 cannot stream media and charge at the same time. I've read the problem continues to exist in the TP2. Is this true?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I actually care. I though the post was actually informative... and ALOT better than some of the other posts.

Some people love it and some people don't. It's good to know why.
i know i certainly dont care. it didn't inform me, and it doesn't sway any notions i had about the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jimmy2442 is a n00b
Cool Re: Returned My TP 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesd View Post
This is a good discussion. I'm debating the same thing, I have the TP1 (free upgrade from a buggy Mogul) and I've never been pleased with it. Between the battery life and the hardware form factor, I was much happier with the Mogul. Now that I see the TP2 won't have WM6.5 for a few months, I'm thinking of picking up a NIB Mogul for $200 and using it for another year.

The key reason for going backwards is that I like to use streaming radio in my car on road trips and the TP1 cannot stream media and charge at the same time. I've read the problem continues to exist in the TP2. Is this true?
actually no theres no overheat problems with the TP2 whatsoever, i have talked on the phone for 2+ hours while charging it and it never overheats, just gets warm, and i have also streamed sprint radio for over a hour and no heat issues or overheating, and btw i fixed that issue with my TP1 by using another radio...
Old 10-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

TalliWackr is just getting started

I'm returning mine as well, I had 1 with bad pixels, and the one they sent me to replace it had a non-click-in tilt mech.

I loved the phone, but I bought it with the illusion that I'd get the $199 price, but never did.

I think I can live until January when my contract is up for a 2year, and the pro2 should be 199 then, if not then we might have Leo.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Red face Re: Returned My TP 2

Are you Insane! lol. Ok I admit, it's the 1st I broke down for a pda type, Heck any phone that wasn't more then 50 Bucks. Just got tired of being left behind lol.

You are right on battery power about 4 hrs if on standby, But don't put spb shell on a system, battery last 2 hrs. Ouch.

I have to say it's the only phone with a keyboard & screen large enough for me to deal with.

By the way, Ya son's Cute!

[QUOTE=jumpnjoeyz;1218932]I have to admit...I returned my Sprint Touch Pro 2 the other day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2