PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cnh4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Do anyone have a working link to the GJ 6.12p_da_800x480 Skin for TP2? the link posted within Post#2 is no longer working if someone could upload to rapidshare (or any other share site) I will greatly appreciated it =D> Thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

mike99 is just getting started
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnh4 View Post
Do anyone have a working link to the GJ 6.12p_da_800x480 Skin for TP2? the link posted within Post#2 is no longer working if someone could upload to rapidshare (or any other share site) I will greatly appreciated it =D> Thanks
Here is the link to their site. The latest download is on the main page. You can also check out download link on the right side in the menu. There are links to Amigo as well as older versions if you need them.

www.gurjon.com/

Hope this helps.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cnh4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
Here is the link to their site. The latest download is on the main page. You can also check out download link on the right side in the menu. There are links to Amigo as well as older versions if you need them.

www.gurjon.com/

Hope this helps.
Cool! Thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: AT&T

dom89 is a n00b

I followed the instructions step by step including using the sys.txt file in the first post. i still cant get tts to work. can anyone help me? i even had my phone off for a couple of mins. after turning it on, i went straight into igo. im lost as to why its not working
Old 12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom89 View Post
I followed the instructions step by step including using the sys.txt file in the first post. i still cant get tts to work. can anyone help me? i even had my phone off for a couple of mins. after turning it on, i went straight into igo. im lost as to why its not working
try going to page 37 on this thread and downloading the "lower quality TTS voices" i used those and then it worked. also, delete the "save" folder on your IGO8 folder so it resets the porgram and then soft reset. hope that helps
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

Using iGo8 for few weeks now and at present stage i would not recommend it. TTS does not work most of the time(even after fresh restart it works about 50% of the time(60% used RAM b4 iGo8 launch)) and about 30% of the time GPS lags badly(record is about 2 min update position lag 10 times in a row(would show i am about 2 blocks away from my actual position)). I will try the lower Q TTS voices but what about 2nd problem, anyone has that?

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 12-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

qwalls is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Using iGo8 for few weeks now and at present stage i would not recommend it. TTS does not work most of the time(even after fresh restart it works about 50% of the time(60% used RAM b4 iGo8 launch)) and about 30% of the time GPS lags badly(record is about 2 min update position lag 10 times in a row(would show i am about 2 blocks away from my actual position)). I will try the lower Q TTS voices but what about 2nd problem, anyone has that?
Of the three programs I've tried on my phone (Garmin XT, CoPilot 8, IGO Garmin is the only one with bad lag. The other two work great. My biggest complaint with IGO8 is bad routing for long trips.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dehyatt is a n00b

Ugh... this is killing me. I just got my TP2, upgraded from a Touch which ran igo with tts without any problems.

I'm on Juicy R5, I've downloaded all of the attached files and found some of the low quality files in the dark corners of the internet, none of which have worked yet.

I was able to get it to work by disabling sense, but I love my new eye candy!

I'm sad to see this can't work on my brand new phone, yet it worked on my weenie phone that I upgraded from....
Old 12-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dehyatt is a n00b

Edit:

Ok after deleting all the associated files/voices from my card, and the save folder. I was able to use the US-voices.rar files to make Dave (TTS) v1.0 (Mod.1) work.... he sounds stupid but hey, it's a start!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pingmustard is a n00b

Hi guys, been struggling for a while here... I've searched, and failed :T

1. Seems like the TTS part is too flimsy to really rely on to work correctly. I couldn't even get the test voices to talk (the screen where you choose the speaker). Just right after loadup, i only have ~80MB ram free. Seems pretty bad that you'd need so much ram just to get TTS working. I've followed and re-read the instructions MANy times and can't seem why this doesn't work. Normal voice non-TTS ones work fine.

2. Can anyone comment on whether the import of contacts actually works? I've tried a couple of times (deleting iGO8 folder) and rebuilding but my "Contacts" section doesn't seem to have my contacts at all. In fact, trying to configure available POI seems very blank, but searching on the map for POI yields results. I guess navigating to Contacts isn't a heavily used feature, but be nice if it worked.

Is there a debug mode that traces errors out to file for troubleshooting?

Also, I'm running TP2 on Sprint Juicy Rom R6. I also tried on another TP2 stock 6.1 and same result...

Last edited by pingmustard; 12-14-2009 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Clarify

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps