View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 AM
pingmustard
Lurker

pingmustard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Hi guys, been struggling for a while here... I've searched, and failed :T

1. Seems like the TTS part is too flimsy to really rely on to work correctly. I couldn't even get the test voices to talk (the screen where you choose the speaker). Just right after loadup, i only have ~80MB ram free. Seems pretty bad that you'd need so much ram just to get TTS working. I've followed and re-read the instructions MANy times and can't seem why this doesn't work. Normal voice non-TTS ones work fine.

2. Can anyone comment on whether the import of contacts actually works? I've tried a couple of times (deleting iGO8 folder) and rebuilding but my "Contacts" section doesn't seem to have my contacts at all. In fact, trying to configure available POI seems very blank, but searching on the map for POI yields results. I guess navigating to Contacts isn't a heavily used feature, but be nice if it worked.

Is there a debug mode that traces errors out to file for troubleshooting?

Also, I'm running TP2 on Sprint Juicy Rom R6. I also tried on another TP2 stock 6.1 and same result...

Last edited by pingmustard; 12-14-2009 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Clarify