PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Boy I am more confusing then ever with all these .txt files.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
dammit i had my TTS working now it will not work.. no matter what i try anyone got there tts working on htc tp2 ?

if so kindly send me there sys.txt files and the 4 dll files please

Have you tried installing the 'No push internet' and 'SSK dynamic resource' cabs? They help free up a substantial amount of RAM...which TTS requires a heap load of to work properly.

The files you asked for are already available in the first post.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid "X"
Carrier: Verizon

navychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Boy I am more confusing then ever with all these .txt files.
Welcome to the world of iGo

Like I said, experiment, make a change, start up iGo, look at the change, make another, restart, rinse/repeat until you find a config that you like.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

iGo's sys.txt is pretty straight forward and easy to understand. All it takes is a little common sense and a lot of patience. Trial and error, my friend. The rest is history.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
Have you tried installing the 'No push internet' and 'SSK dynamic resource' cabs? They help free up a substantial amount of RAM...which TTS requires a heap load of to work properly.

The files you asked for are already available in the first post.
I have over 50% of memory free cause everythign i have is install on my sd card...

it was working one time then just stopped...

may be i can try your sys.txt file
Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks to sumo911 & navychief52 i use navy sys.txt file and now it is working finally with new skin TTS i am very happy camper HTC TP 2

now i can go on my road trip lol,,,,,,,,

wow back to square one i load the sys.txt from navy it worked just fine i close th igo8 app 2 hours later open the app again not working...

WTF now this is driving me insane ok re load sys.txt file and work so somethig is going on it works one minute then few hours later stops inless there is memory leak somewere i am stomped

Last edited by saj070; 10-29-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor

Igo 8 has a sys.txt entry where when your device loses external power, it counts down and will close if you don't click cancel. This works fine on my Mio (the Mio turns off) but my HTC Touch Pro2 goes freakin' INSANE. It just flickers on and off repeatedly. Is there a way to tell the shutdown thing that I don't want to shutdown the device, I just want the program to exit?

Also, I followed the instructions here but still, every time I slide my keyboard out, it goes out of landscape mode and into some cutoff mess. I know people posted fixes for the sys.txt but they're not working for me.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddylonglegs View Post
igo 8 has a sys.txt entry where when your device loses external power, it counts down and will close if you don't click cancel. This works fine on my mio (the mio turns off) but my htc touch pro2 goes freakin' insane. It just flickers on and off repeatedly. Is there a way to tell the shutdown thing that i don't want to shutdown the device, i just want the program to exit?

Also, i followed the instructions here but still, every time i slide my keyboard out, it goes out of landscape mode and into some cutoff mess. I know people posted fixes for the sys.txt but they're not working for me.
try this sys.txt file it works for me on landscape
Attached Files
File Type: txt sys.txt (3.9 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work

LOL I have yet to test it for more than 2 hours.

Thats why I have TT7, igo8 and Garmin XT on my TP2.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
you can try this sys.txt file i have similar problem skin is greyed out and i have all the files in the correct place. or another sys.txt see which will work best for you.
saj070,

This is to your reply on post #274

I got the first file to work with the gurjon skin but its in landscape mode.

Your second file is smaller and its in protrait mode but the skin option is grey out hence I cant use the skin.

Do you have one working in protrait with the gurjon skin?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps