PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tizzle Prizzle Deux
Carrier: MetroPCS
Threadstarter

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First Touch Pro2 on MetroPCS!

What I'm saying is I don't know what Houdinisoft can do for Bell or Telus. It is used as a tool to unlock the MSL, Switch the PRL, and add the ESN. LOL, that is a lot of Shorthand. MSL, PRL, ESN, LOL, ROFL... sidetracked... If Houdinisoft supports your carrier, I don't see why it shouldn't.
Just make sure you use a bell prl instead of metropcs, or telus instead or whatever. You can find them at colorada.net
Old 10-04-2009, 01:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

touchprogeek is a n00b

ok, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I already know Bell will not allow any other CDMA carriers' phone ESN's on their network and if that still needs to be done, then I guess I'm outta luck... And I checked Houdini's supported phone list and the HTC Touch Pro is there but not the TP2.
I suppose I could get a TP2 and <ahem> trade the ESN w/ my current TP... but I don't know if that's legal in Canada or not.. (probably not) I think I better find that out first.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchprogeek View Post
ok, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I already know Bell will not allow any other CDMA carriers' phone ESN's on their network and if that still needs to be done, then I guess I'm outta luck... And I checked Houdini's supported phone list and the HTC Touch Pro is there but not the TP2.
I suppose I could get a TP2 and <ahem> trade the ESN w/ my current TP... but I don't know if that's legal in Canada or not.. (probably not) I think I better find that out first.
It's not legal here either lol (if you get caught), but from what I have been told, it can be done on a touch pro, not sure about the tp2 though.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tizzle Prizzle Deux
Threadstarter

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Honestly I tried on the TP2 and it would not accept another ESN. As for Houdini, I know the TP2 is not supported... That is why there is a walkthrough to trick Houdini. (See post #1)
Old 10-04-2009, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguerena View Post
Honestly I tried on the TP2 and it would not accept another ESN. As for Houdini, I know the TP2 is not supported... That is why there is a walkthrough to trick Houdini. (See post #1)
just houdinied it, passed with flying colors lol. I will post later on during the week once to let you know if I got pic message working.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

touchprogeek is a n00b

Wow! Sounds good! I'll be checking back here thru the week to see how it goes!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Re: Update on MMS for Metro

Has anyone had the problem of when trying to send a MMS it runs a device configuration tool? I believe that's what is hindering us from sending the message.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch PR02

Informed101 is a n00b

Hi, I'm a newbie here. First post and first day on this forum. I just purchased a new Touch PRO2 and a MetroPCS plan. MetroPCS told me they could flash the Pro2 but it would only do TM and basic phone calls. They also said if I flash it to MetroPCS and later decide I'm not happy with Metro that I WON'T be able to flash the phone back to SprintPCS.

It seems from this thread folks are figuring ways to make the phone more operational. Has anyone gotten the GPS and MetroPCS web surfing, email, etc. to work?

Is it true the phone can't be flashed back to Sprint if I don't like the Metro PCS service?

Anyone out there who could make my phone fully work on METRO PCS for a fee?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed101 View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie here. First post and first day on this forum. I just purchased a new Touch PRO2 and a MetroPCS plan. MetroPCS told me they could flash the Pro2 but it would only do TM and basic phone calls. They also said if I flash it to MetroPCS and later decide I'm not happy with Metro that I WON'T be able to flash the phone back to SprintPCS.

It seems from this thread folks are figuring ways to make the phone more operational. Has anyone gotten the GPS and MetroPCS web surfing, email, etc. to work?

Is it true the phone can't be flashed back to Sprint if I don't like the Metro PCS service?

Anyone out there who could make my phone fully work on METRO PCS for a fee?

Thanks in advance!
web is functional, something is blocking mms though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

people advertise such services all over craigslist, but i really wouldent trust them...they all seem REALLY shady

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2