PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First Touch Pro2 on MetroPCS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguerena View Post
First you must get the MSL code, which is usually given from sprint. Unfortunately it's like pulling teeth. BAFTools MSL Grabber unfortunately does not work. The only other option is to use a third party for software. (I used CDMA Workshop)
This method works for getting the MSL code on the TP2
Old 10-03-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tizzle Prizzle Deux
Carrier: MetroPCS
Threadstarter

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Any phone worked fine. I just had to make sure to put the phone in diagnostics mode (##3424#) and install the right drivers. And all the 1st 10 steps had to be done first before flashing. (Have to make sure that it is on Metro's Network first) Once you update the PRL dial *228 and make sure that you get Metro's Activation line. That will tell you it is on Metro's network.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work

What phone did they use at the store to flash the TP2????
I have the latest PRL vis *228, and *611 works, just need the flash done, they are clueless at metro...
Any help appreciated.

Last edited by pl0323; 10-03-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl0323 View Post
What phone did they use at the store to flash the TP2????
I have the latest PRL vis *228, and *611 works, just need the flash done, they are clueless at metro...
Any help appreciated.
For some reason (At my store), I have a better success rate when I use the Samsung R430 Myshot as the calibration device.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguerena View Post
Any phone worked fine. I just had to make sure to put the phone in diagnostics mode (##3424#) and install the right drivers. And all the 1st 10 steps had to be done first before flashing. (Have to make sure that it is on Metro's Network first) Once you update the PRL dial *228 and make sure that you get Metro's Activation line. That will tell you it is on Metro's network.
I got it, followed the post right above this one, I will try and houdini the phone tomorrow, after I update the MSL to six zeros, will keep you lot posted, as well as in regard to the picture messaging.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

touchprogeek is a n00b

This is insanely awesome! Do you think it would be possible then to apply the same type of code to get it onto Bell Mobility in Canada? I'm willing to do some homework to figure it out, just point me on the right path.. I have a Touch Pro w/ Bell and want to upgrade to the TP2 but only Telus is selling it..
This might just have made my day! =D>
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchprogeek View Post
This is insanely awesome! Do you think it would be possible then to apply the same type of code to get it onto Bell Mobility in Canada? I'm willing to do some homework to figure it out, just point me on the right path.. I have a Touch Pro w/ Bell and want to upgrade to the TP2 but only Telus is selling it..
This might just have made my day! =D>
do you mean tp2 to bell? not trying to sound rude, just not sure what you want to do lol.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:51 AM
N00b

touchprogeek is a n00b

yes, that's right. I want to get a TP2, be it from Verizon or Telus or whatever and flash it over to Bell.. Can it be done? or is the sticking point still going to be whether Bell will add my TP2 ESN into their database?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tizzle Prizzle Deux
Carrier: MetroPCS
Threadstarter

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's all about getting your provider to add your esn to their database. Once you do that you can swap pretty much any phone to any network (as long as they're on the same band of network) The walkthrough pretty much applies to most service providers. The reason you have to use Houdini with the TP2 is because that is the only way to get the esn registered with MetroPCS.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:22 AM
N00b

touchprogeek is a n00b

So what you are saying is that if I call Bell and Bell won't accept a Telus or Verizon TP2 ESN that I might be able to use Houdini and get Bell to accept the TP2 ESN that way?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2