PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Camera Settings

I know there are a million threads about different software you can use to improve / enable certain functions of the camera on the tp2 but below is a pic i took with my tp1 back in feb 09 and its not the best picture ever taken but it looks a heck of a lot better than any picture i have taken with my new tp2. I had no special software and used the default settings (i mave adjusted it to super fine but i dont remember) the point of this thread is to ask if anyone has had any luck changing camera settings on the tp2 to get better quality? Mine is just downright terrible an im embarrassed to send them to people!

Any settings ideas? Anyone?

Taken with tp1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jimpic1.jpg (54.0 KB, 310 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jimmiekain; 09-27-2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: wrong picture
Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Camera Settings

your new TP2 should take the same quality pics as a TP, they are basically the same hardware.

~John
Old 09-27-2009, 07:29 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Here's my take on your question.

For one thing, that shot you took with your TP1, looks better then anything I ever took on mine.

As jMorton said, same hardware, pretty much. Both 3.2 Megapixel cameras. However, your TP2 has a bigger resolution screen. That being said, it is similar, in my opinion, to how standard definition television broadcast on a HD television, looks much worse then on a standard tube.

Now that I've said all that. In my experience, the pictures on my TP2 are actually better, except in low light conditions(no flash).

I hope this makes some sense and maybe helps clear things up a little.

As far as tweaks go, I don't think anything will really help too much.

It is what it is! If a better camera weighs more importance to you then a hardware keyboard, you may wanna take back your TP2 and get yourself the Diamond2 when it arrives next month. It has a 5 megapixel camera.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 09-27-2009, 07:31 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

maybe post a pic of the like with your tp2 and post it so we can compair the diff.......
Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Just thought I'd post my own comparison shot. Now these were taken at different times obviously and at different perspectives. However it shows clearly which one looks better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP1.JPG (558.4 KB, 274 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg TP2.jpg (821.5 KB, 272 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
maybe post a pic of the like with your tp2 and post it so we can compair the diff.......
here ya go this was just taken today here on a bright sunny day in California, usa! see how everything has a white/snowy bright look to it? and its also not as sharp/crisp as the tp1

take with tp2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0127.jpg (368.5 KB, 221 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:52 PM
"MODS"

Have you messed around with your settings at all? There are settings for contrast, saturation, sharpness, as well as the white balance settings.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Speaking of White Balance settings. It really pisses me off that it won't hold the setting when I change them. If there a change the defaults?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
I know there are a million threads about different software you can use to improve / enable certain functions of the camera on the tp2 but below is a pic i took with my tp1 back in feb 09 and its not the best picture ever taken but it looks a heck of a lot better than any picture i have taken with my new tp2. I had no special software and used the default settings (i mave adjusted it to super fine but i dont remember) the point of this thread is to ask if anyone has had any luck changing camera settings on the tp2 to get better quality? Mine is just downright terrible an im embarrassed to send them to people!

Any settings ideas? Anyone?

Taken with tp1
Ohhh no you didint! Your telling me the Pro1 picture quality is superior to the Pro2 camera? WOW! .. I am floored. I would not even accept a free pro2 over my Pro1. Forget it! And to answer your question.. theres nothing you can do to make the pics better honestly.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Just thought I'd post my own comparison shot. Now these were taken at different times obviously and at different perspectives. However it shows clearly which one looks better.
Are you kidding me.? The 1st pic taken with the pro was not the cameras fault. its you that did not properly focus. lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2