PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Camera Settings

Remmer members. HTC has a terrible track record in throwing in cheap parts. just because the motherboard and cpu might be similar dont mean you are getting the dsame CMOS camera.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

nope! i havent changed any of the settings at all... I think the problem is that I dont know anything about cameras... I just take the pics and try my best to hold it as still as possible. Can a few other people post a few of your pics so we can see what yours look like? Also if your a camera person/photographer/paparazzi LOL can you help us out with settings advice? Also, does anyone know what ISO is?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

It looks as if they may be using two different cameras in the same CDMA model of TP2's.

One is a Foxconn 3M-AF camera. Can't seem to find much more info about it though.

Also looks like some may have a Liteon 08PM17.
Again, not much info about either.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
nope! i havent changed any of the settings at all... I think the problem is that I dont know anything about cameras... I just take the pics and try my best to hold it as still as possible. Can a few other people post a few of your pics so we can see what yours look like? Also if your a camera person/photographer/paparazzi LOL can you help us out with settings advice? Also, does anyone know what ISO is?
Well.. just like the Pro1, you just have to have a very steady hand. To me it looks like the PRO2 camera over saturates the whites in the pics. SOmetimes if you play with the environment settings you can get better results. Hands down thou.. the PRO1 has a better camera. IMO.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:50 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

If you havn't adjusted anything, I would suggest a few things. Try setting image quality to super fine. Sharpness set to +5, contrast set to +4. See if that looks more like what you are after. Also in the white balance, try the setting that looks like headlights or a flash bulb going off.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Banned User

Another thng. Make 100% sure theres no finger prints in the lens!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
If you havn't adjusted anything, I would suggest a few things. Try setting image quality to super fine. Sharpness set to +5, contrast set to +4. See if that looks more like what you are after. Also in the white balance, try the setting that looks like headlights or a flash bulb going off.

Just took this one using your new settings it looks a lot better... I put on the red hat add some more color! It looks a lot better with these new settings thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0130.jpg (368.9 KB, 147 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:15 PM
"MODS"

No problem. Glad it helped! Lookin' sharp!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Tp2 camera is definitely much better than Tp1. Hands down.

You guys are crazy lol!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
"MODS"

Mike, I definitely agree. I also feel it is a better camera then the TP1's was.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2