PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Problem with Manilla SMS. Anyone else?

Done.....we will see what they say.

Give some
Old 10-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP

Ok so I was able to email HTC and here is the discussion I had with the tech via emails.

Hello I own the Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 and have been looking into a bug in the Software that has to do with the Manilla Messaging System. Here is the discription from a forum about this discussion. What we would like to know is if HTC has a plan to fix this problem. Thanks
"Ok so as everyone has discovered there are two ways to view SMS texts(Manilla and default windows messaging). My problem lies in the Manilla SMS. While using TF3D when I recieve a text I click on reply and the new Manilla thread will pop up, I reply with my text and hit send, (here is where the problem starts) The message will be sent but does not show in the thread of texts. This does not seem to happen on the windows format of threaded text messaging."
Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

Response:
Hello Orlando, I understand it can be frustrating when a device does not function as expected. I am unable to fully dupicate the exact issue you are experiencing, as I understand it, with either a saved contact or an unsaved contact. I was able to partially duplicate the issue in that the reply does not immediately show on the device, but this resolved itself after at most a minute or so. From what you are discribing the reply never appears after any span of time when replying through the Touch Flo 3D interface, is that correct? It appears that the person that discribes the issue in the thread you mentioned has already located a work around for this issue for the time being, and I do recommend using this work around until we can figure out what exactly is going on and what is needed to fix the issue. Do please let me know if I am understanding the issue correctly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know in your reply or check www.htcwiki.com as well. We also invite you to participate in our feedback survey at survey.htc.com/worldwide. We enjoy getting feedback from our customers and look forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Joseph

Reply:
I have made attempts on several messages to see if it will appear and you are correct that it does not do it all the time but most of the time. What I don't understand is why others have had the same issues with the TF3D messaging as well, but you were not able to duplicate. When windows messaging is used, the message shows instantly in the threaded block in bold and then goes to standard lettering once the message has been sent. Attached is a link to the forum so that you can further see what kind of problems others are having and what some have offered for a fix. Thanks http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86863

Response:
Hello Orlando, Thank you for the additional testing and the link to the thread. I did see that there was a third party piece of software posted that helps work around the issue posted to the thread by one user, but from reading the replies in the thread it appears that all this file does is edit Touch Flo 3D so that it will only use the All Messages view instead of the Touch Flo 3D view for replies. Basically it just appears to force people into the work around for the problem. We are actually not aware of this being a common problem with the device, and the more users with the issue that report it to us, the better of an idea we get as to if this is a common problem, how many people have it, and under what conditions the customers are experiencing the issue. This helps us track down the cause and determine what must be done to correct the problem. At this time we do not have a fix for this issue, as you have most likely already been able to determine. We also do not have word from Sprint as to if or when they would like for our development department to create an update for the device. Do please let others that have this problem know that it is best to contact us with the information so we can gather information we need in order to find a correction for the problem. As for attempting to correct the issue as it stands with your particular device, we do recommend first trying a soft reset, then uninstall any third party software. If the uninstallation does not correct the issue, we recommend a factory reset to ensure that all registry settings are at their defaults. If the issue persists with factory settings and software, then we can look into the situation much deeper, as we have ruled out most if not all outside influences as causes for the problem. Please let me know if these proceedures do or do not correct the situation for you. Best regards, Joseph

Reply:Thanks for the info. The problem still occurs with the Manilla messaging after removal of third party programs, soft resets, as well as hard resets. I will post this support to the thread so that others may email their problems to HTC. Thanks for your help in this matter.

In a nutshell they want our feedback and the carriers don't have plans to fix. To everyone, I suggest you do the same and email HTC.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WH0EVER is a n00b

for some reason when i install the cab to bypass the manila texting screen i get an odd thing occurring. if i go to the messages tab and slide out the keyboard to put the phone into landscape the text won't expand across the screen. it just stays as wide as it was in portrait mode. not a big deal. just curious if it was only me.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

I had the same problem when I installed it. I did not like it either so I reverted back to normal.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

Can anyone else confirm this, so far it works. If you re enable the message sent notification for SMS the manilla messaging seems to work fine. This for sure is odd if its linked to the messaging issue.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc 7pro
Carrier: sprint

gemini5150 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMostToys View Post
Not sure if it was said already but unless I'm missing something, Manilla SMS does not have spell check.
not having spell check is a big disappointment.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

I got an email from HTC that syas that it would be up to the service provider to do an update. They claim there are no bugs in the manilla messaging. Very interesting. They just don't want to fix it.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:57 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
extract and copy this to your windows folder...soft reset
Thank you!!!

Old 10-17-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO FTW

o0adam0o is just getting started

I hate this TF3D message thing!! I backed up all txt messages history from my last phone and put it on my TP2... so now everytime i reply to someone... the TF3D has to load up all that contacts message history and it seriously takes 15-20 seconds to do... i tried both of these fixes and they take me to windows threaded messaging which QUICKLY loads up even with all the messaging history...

However i have the same landscape issue as you guys HTC dropped the ball on this one.

I also get the same problem as you guys that my messaged will take a while to show up... but my biggest problem is the huge lag just to reply to a message!

There has to be a reg edit or something to keep the touchflo messaging to load up when you tap... we just need more attention to be given to this.

Last edited by o0adam0o; 10-17-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

is there any way to fix this mod so that when your in landscape the sms tab text, will be center aligned ? not left aligned! Thank you very much

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2