View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 07:50 PM
OR78
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Problem with Manilla SMS. Anyone else?

Ok so I was able to email HTC and here is the discussion I had with the tech via emails.

Hello I own the Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 and have been looking into a bug in the Software that has to do with the Manilla Messaging System. Here is the discription from a forum about this discussion. What we would like to know is if HTC has a plan to fix this problem. Thanks
"Ok so as everyone has discovered there are two ways to view SMS texts(Manilla and default windows messaging). My problem lies in the Manilla SMS. While using TF3D when I recieve a text I click on reply and the new Manilla thread will pop up, I reply with my text and hit send, (here is where the problem starts) The message will be sent but does not show in the thread of texts. This does not seem to happen on the windows format of threaded text messaging."
Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

Response:
Hello Orlando, I understand it can be frustrating when a device does not function as expected. I am unable to fully dupicate the exact issue you are experiencing, as I understand it, with either a saved contact or an unsaved contact. I was able to partially duplicate the issue in that the reply does not immediately show on the device, but this resolved itself after at most a minute or so. From what you are discribing the reply never appears after any span of time when replying through the Touch Flo 3D interface, is that correct? It appears that the person that discribes the issue in the thread you mentioned has already located a work around for this issue for the time being, and I do recommend using this work around until we can figure out what exactly is going on and what is needed to fix the issue. Do please let me know if I am understanding the issue correctly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know in your reply or check www.htcwiki.com as well. We also invite you to participate in our feedback survey at survey.htc.com/worldwide. We enjoy getting feedback from our customers and look forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Joseph

Reply:
I have made attempts on several messages to see if it will appear and you are correct that it does not do it all the time but most of the time. What I don't understand is why others have had the same issues with the TF3D messaging as well, but you were not able to duplicate. When windows messaging is used, the message shows instantly in the threaded block in bold and then goes to standard lettering once the message has been sent. Attached is a link to the forum so that you can further see what kind of problems others are having and what some have offered for a fix. Thanks http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86863

Response:
Hello Orlando, Thank you for the additional testing and the link to the thread. I did see that there was a third party piece of software posted that helps work around the issue posted to the thread by one user, but from reading the replies in the thread it appears that all this file does is edit Touch Flo 3D so that it will only use the All Messages view instead of the Touch Flo 3D view for replies. Basically it just appears to force people into the work around for the problem. We are actually not aware of this being a common problem with the device, and the more users with the issue that report it to us, the better of an idea we get as to if this is a common problem, how many people have it, and under what conditions the customers are experiencing the issue. This helps us track down the cause and determine what must be done to correct the problem. At this time we do not have a fix for this issue, as you have most likely already been able to determine. We also do not have word from Sprint as to if or when they would like for our development department to create an update for the device. Do please let others that have this problem know that it is best to contact us with the information so we can gather information we need in order to find a correction for the problem. As for attempting to correct the issue as it stands with your particular device, we do recommend first trying a soft reset, then uninstall any third party software. If the uninstallation does not correct the issue, we recommend a factory reset to ensure that all registry settings are at their defaults. If the issue persists with factory settings and software, then we can look into the situation much deeper, as we have ruled out most if not all outside influences as causes for the problem. Please let me know if these proceedures do or do not correct the situation for you. Best regards, Joseph

Reply:Thanks for the info. The problem still occurs with the Manilla messaging after removal of third party programs, soft resets, as well as hard resets. I will post this support to the thread so that others may email their problems to HTC. Thanks for your help in this matter.

In a nutshell they want our feedback and the carriers don't have plans to fix. To everyone, I suggest you do the same and email HTC.

Give some