PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Problem with Manilla SMS. Anyone else?

Ok so as everyone has discovered there are two ways to view SMS texts(Manilla and default windows messaging). My problem lies in the Manilla SMS. While using TF3D when I recieve a text I click on reply and the new Manilla thread will pop up, I reply with my text and hit send, (here is where the problem starts) The message will be sent but does not show in the thread of texts. This does not seem to happen on the windows format of threaded text messaging. Can anyone else confirm this and if so, is there a freaking fix? Thanks.

And I have searched for this for about a week and have found nothing..hence the new thread. Thanks

Give some
Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: Problem with Manilla SMS. Anyone else?

It's working as expected for me, the text usually doesn't appear on the list for me though until it is actually sent.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP

thats the odd part. Sometimes it works for me as well. If you carry on a conversation with someone on the same thread some of my responses do not show. Its as if I never sent the message. But the person I am texting recieves the text.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
It's working as expected for me, the text usually doesn't appear on the list for me though until it is actually sent.
Mine works this exact same way, it will appear once the text has actually been sent.I have no problems
Old 09-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

op12 is just getting started

I am having the same problem...it seems hit-or-miss whether a text I send shows up in my threaded view (I haven't tried responding from the WinMo interface instead of TouchFlo). It's quite annoying, but I've confirmed that all texts are getting sent, just not always showing up in my threaded view.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Glad someone brought this up. I thought it was just me. Mine works, but its just very slow. When I type out a short text and hit send, it takes a while, like 5 seconds sometimes before it is displayed. Sometimes longer. I don't like it at all. The default windows sms works great. Even if the text isn't actually sent, its easier to keep a conversation in order. Is there a way to make it where if you view a sms in manilla that the default sms comes up to bypass manilla all the time. I don't like the small box and send button.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Glad someone brought this up. I thought it was just me. Mine works, but its just very slow. When I type out a short text and hit send, it takes a while, like 5 seconds sometimes before it is displayed. Sometimes longer. I don't like it at all. The default windows sms works great. Even if the text isn't actually sent, its easier to keep a conversation in order. Is there a way to make it where if you view a sms in manilla that the default sms comes up to bypass manilla all the time. I don't like the small box and send button.

I agree 100% The only way that I caught that it was not showing is because people were asking me why I was sending the same text more than once. I then realized that it was being sent just not showing in the thread. It causes confusion in the conversation as you stated. This needs a fix ASAP.

I am just glad I am not crazy..lol
Old 09-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

i had the same problem till i switched it back to windows default view with an edited manila file...works like a charm for me...never liked the new text interface one bit...

Old 09-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

So you can only change it by editing the manilla file? This cannot be done with a reg edit? Say it ain't so!?!?!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2