PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 03:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

rnrmurse is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problem with Manilla SMS. Anyone else?

Same problem here. I kinda like the manila view but i can't seem to find anything that will help me with this problem... I posted the problem but no help http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...89#post1180289
Old 09-25-2009, 05:50 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I noticed everyone who said they had a problem with the sms not getting appended to the thread has Sprint. Is this a coincidence, or is it just a problem on the Sprint TP2? I have Verizon, and I haven't experienced this problem.

On another note, since this thread is technically titled "Problems with Manilla SMS", I'd like to contribute what I've noticed. Links are no longer clickable in the thread. i.e. Phone numbers or url's. In the WM SMS threader, you can click on a link someone sent, but you can't click in the Manilla threader. Not that much of a big deal for me, but just something I noticed. Also, I can't seem to select text. In WM threader, I can select text, copy, etc... But not the Manilla threader.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Threadstarter

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

I have the same issue with links. Its almost as if Manilla is meant only for quick responses.

I recently decided to do another hard reset and this does not correct the issue on Manilla. I am very close to editing the manilla file and forget this ever existed.

Give some
Old 09-29-2009, 02:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

daunove is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
extract and copy this to your windows folder...soft reset
I tried this on my Sprint TP2 stock ROM WM6.1 and it messed up my pop-up keyboard. After doing this and soft-resetting, I discovered that my pop-up keyboard was messed up. (ScreenShotA). I was able to get a full keyboard to pop up by tapping the invisible ^ next to the center keyboard soft key (ScreenShotB), however the keys were very small. I opened it up in landscape (ScreenShotC) but the keyboard was the same size with deadspace on either side. I deleted the recently added 47dd6acd_manila file from /windows and reset, but still have this keyboard. I want to get the original keyboard layout back (ScreenShotD).

Can anyone help??

EDIT: FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny1055 View Post
I get this once in a while. All you have to do is set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\Ime\CurrentET9Style to 0. I might just make this a mortscript since it has already happened to me a few times.
from this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShotA.jpg (53.8 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShotB.jpg (66.7 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShotC.jpg (59.4 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShotD.jpg (52.3 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by daunove; 09-29-2009 at 08:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP

Just an update to this problem. I cannot confirm this because so far it works but I decided to bite the bullet and do a complete hard reset. Since then I have noticed that the manilla SMS is working fine. It still takes a few seconds for the message to show up but it does eventually show up. I will update if the problem re-appears. Hope this helps. Also the new update to WinMo is comming soon so I don't know if it may solve this issue. We will see.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Unhappy Re: Problem with Manilla SMS. Anyone else?

Well, I just got my VZW TP2. And my Manila SMS defaults to the MMS messages.

For example: I click on the preview SMS msg on the screen & it goes to the threaded Manila screen for me to reply. BUT, if I've EVER sent an MMS to the sender, it shows the MMS in the thread. If I've NEVER sent an MMS, it shows blank. It NEVER shows threaded SMS.

Any thoughts or reg fixes?
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
Well, I just got my VZW TP2. And my Manila SMS defaults to the MMS messages.

For example: I click on the preview SMS msg on the screen & it goes to the threaded Manila screen for me to reply. BUT, if I've EVER sent an MMS to the sender, it shows the MMS in the thread. If I've NEVER sent an MMS, it shows blank. It NEVER shows threaded SMS.

Any thoughts or reg fixes?

I am not sure about eh Verizon version but in the settings does it allow you to show messages as threaded?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

Not sure if it was said already but unless I'm missing something, Manilla SMS does not have spell check.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Threadstarter

No it does not. Its very very basic. Using the windows version is the only way to go as I see it.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
Ok so as everyone has discovered there are two ways to view SMS texts(Manilla and default windows messaging). My problem lies in the Manilla SMS. While using TF3D when I recieve a text I click on reply and the new Manilla thread will pop up, I reply with my text and hit send, (here is where the problem starts) The message will be sent but does not show in the thread of texts. This does not seem to happen on the windows format of threaded text messaging. Can anyone else confirm this and if so, is there a freaking fix? Thanks.

And I have searched for this for about a week and have found nothing..hence the new thread. Thanks
OR78 >> Try sending this "bug" into the HTC website (Contact Us). See what they say.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2