PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TouchFLO Music tab lag

so i just got my new 16 gig micro sd card and put all of my music (almost 12 gigs) along with a couple videos. put the card in my TP2, go to "Sprint Music" tab and it took forever for it to recognize all the music. but now when i go into it, it lags out horribly and takes about 10 seconds for any of the icons to pop up. and when i go into the library and choose a song, it probably takes a good 15-20 seconds for it to show up and start playing. so thinking it might be the card, i went into windows media player and updated my library and played songs through there and there's no lag at all, works perfect.

i was wondering if anybody else was experiencing this problem and if there were any solutions? i know there is a tweak on here to take away the Sprint Music Store icon on the tab and also thought about giving that a go to see if it helped at all. but as of right now, i just got rid of the tab completely and started using windows media player.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor
Re: TouchFLO Music tab lag

I have pretty much the same setup and as with the the original TP, there isn't a fix. There are after market players that are much better, but the built in WMP does a pretty good job. Once you update the library, it is very quick and changes songs and albums much faster then the TF3D option.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Plasma_Cannon is a n00b

Same thing over here. I got a 16gb class 6 card filled it with about 7gb of just music and there was about 10 lag when ever i go to the music tab. I just disabled it and started using wmp.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

oh no there absolutely is a fix lol, I fixed it. but im not sure how i did it... cuz i was moving files around alot .. but it ended up sorting itself out some how .. and the music tab was loading in less then 4 seconds each time after that.... so I ended up erasing all of the songs and putting them back on just to see if i could recreate what I did... but unfortunately its loading in about 15 sec's again another reason I erased it was to try and get all the album art to display because at that point it was really only displaying one album art image for a bunch of songs that it isn't associated with... having said all of this... I just wanted to make it clear IT IS POSSIBLE FOR THE MUSIC TAB ON THE TOUCH PRO 2 TO LOAD IN 4 SECONDS! and p.s: in case anyone is wondering I have 522 songs on my micro sd card. and I have all the music in one folder "music" ... but as far as getting album art to work correctly.... I already know from my experience with the first touch pro.. I would have better luck getting that to work by making a separate folder for each individual album.. because it would save the album art for each album inside of the folder with the songs.... and some how that has always seemed to be the best solution for the album art issue for me... but I don't wanna go thew all of that work.. HTC should really offer software for the pc to do all of this for you so you can just enjoy your music lol.

Last edited by gxnext; 09-19-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:18 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

That would be cool if HTC made some software to organize music on the desktop automatically for the TP2. However, they don't.

For anyone who is interested, you could use MediaMonkey on the desktop PC to organize your tunes, album art and all. Then transfer them. They should all show album art appropriately then. Just a suggestion.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 09-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

I want to update that I spent some time today to organize all of the songs on myphone into separate folders categorized by artist>album, and the actual songs inside of the album folders.. again this solves the album art problem.. but what I realized is this also solves the lag problem because ever since doing this on the touch pro 2 the music tap loads in just 4sec again. Now I should have known this was the solution because This is the same way I used to work correctly on my touch pro... I just didn't feel like doin it i guess.. and I hoped I could just put all the songs into one single folder lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
That would be cool if HTC made some software to organize music on the desktop automatically for the TP2. However, they don't.

For anyone who is interested, you could use MediaMonkey on the desktop PC to organize your tunes, album art and all. Then transfer them. They should all show album art appropriately then. Just a suggestion.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/
I think you made a good suggestion, I never heard of mediamonkey before so I'll check it out. I used to use itunes.. then going into the itunes folder and copying the organized music folders on to the SD card. but since I already had all the songs I wanted on my phone already... I Just stupidly decided to create all the folders manually one by one, I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS! its very time consuming. Its easier to just use some software to make the folders for you like itunes, or as "santod" suggested MediaMonkey.. which I can't wait to try out personally

Anyway this SHOULD solve all your touch flo music tab problems on all versions of touch flo.

*UPDATE*

I just wanted to add that I've tried out Media Monkey and its AWESOME! After learning how to use it It does a excellent job of allowing me to edit and organize my music, and find and add album art

Maybe I'll make a youtube video on how to do this... when I get enough free time... because its actually pretty simple with this mediamonkey software...

Last edited by gxnext; 09-20-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
TouchFLO Music tab and album art

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
I just wanted to add that I've tried out Media Monkey and its AWESOME! After learning how to use it It does a excellent job of allowing me to edit and organize my music, and find and add album art

Maybe I'll make a youtube video on how to do this... when I get enough free time... because its actually pretty simple with this mediamonkey software...
That would be appreciated!

I'm going to download mediamonkey today and give it a shot. Confirming you are using the free version?

I'm having issues with the TouchFlo Music Player displaying only about 3/4 of my album art. Can't figure out why some is missing. It all shows in iTunes and my iPod OK. I'm usually VERY pickey about organizing my music and tagging with all info.

Any tips on using MediaMonkey would be appreciated.

Particularly how to add album art to the data tags.

I think I'm going to pull everything off my storage card and manipulate it with MediaMonkey on my desktop. Update the Windows Media PLayer library once everything is cleared out of the phone/card... then copy all the newly modified music back onto my storage card and update the library again with the "new" music files. <*crossing fingers*>

Any thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2