PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I get predicive text using the sliding Qwerty keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
And finally to the OP. I uninstalled the Classic Word Completion cab and then played with the factory predictive options. It only works in XT9 mode unless you tell it to run in ABC mode too, through the options. However, it also works in landscape XT9 too, but obviously you have to pop up the SIP in landscape first to switch from ABC to XT9, then close the SIP. However, what I found was that the XT9 option reverts back to ABC mode when you close the slider and re-open it! So basically you're left switching from ABC to XT9 each and every time you want predictive text on in landscape mode! Predictive, just not productive
Please clarify this fix for me.
How do you tell it to run in ABC mode?
How do you popup the SIP in landscape?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

just want to let you know that i have not had any luck enabling the predictive text with the slide-out keyboard either. worked fine on the Mogul. another strange limitation with the TP2.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Soft Keyboard broke on mine - was stuck on Phone Keypad no matter what the setting was. Uninstalled the cab and I'm back to normal.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

why would you want this when you have a full qwerty keyboard right there in front of you? its not that hard to write out the full words. this is one reason why i like the full qwerty. i like to type all the words out myself. im only half as fast on the phone as i am on the computer for typing. i took english my whole senior year so now i am picky about english. HA who would of thought?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
why would you want this when you have a full qwerty keyboard right there in front of you? its not that hard to write out the full words. this is one reason why i like the full qwerty. i like to type all the words out myself. im only half as fast on the phone as i am on the computer for typing. i took english my whole senior year so now i am picky about english. HA who would of thought?
Typing is still typing. If there is a shortcut available to save me some time I will take advantage of it!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

jkrj524 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
It happens to me when I have XT9 on the on screen keyboard..so just make sure XT9 is on
Yes, this is how it works for me as well. The minute I turn on T9 on the on screen keyboard, it automatically becomes T9 on the sliding keyboard.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:48 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernpenguin View Post
Soft Keyboard broke on mine - was stuck on Phone Keypad no matter what the setting was. Uninstalled the cab and I'm back to normal.
That damn stupid phone keypad pops up for others reasons and not because of the Classic Word Completion cab. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I've had it happen too. I don't recall what program I was in, but whatever it was, it popped up the SIP in the phone keypad mode. And when it does that it's impossible to get it back to normal. Actually the only fix I ever found was to reinstall the Classic Word Completion cab. That gets you the rhodium keyboard back...believe it or not.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
Please clarify this fix for me.
How do you tell it to run in ABC mode?
How do you popup the SIP in landscape?
Don't you see the normal SIP keyboard icon...center of bottom row? That's what I tapped to get the SIP up, then you can switch from ABC to XT9, then close the SIP by tapping the same icon. At that point predictive typing works for the slide out keyboard.

If you're not seeing that SIP icon, perhaps it's the program you're in? Try another to see what I mean.

And FYI, if the ABC / XT9 option is greyed out, it's because you're in an area of a program where it's not allowed. I found that out the hard way when I was testing this for my original post. I launched messaging to test it, and when you're on the TO line, the ABC/XT9 is greyed out. Move to the message body and it is available. Just an FYI.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Don't you see the normal SIP keyboard icon...center of bottom row? That's what I tapped to get the SIP up, then you can switch from ABC to XT9, then close the SIP by tapping the same icon. At that point predictive typing works for the slide out keyboard.

If you're not seeing that SIP icon, perhaps it's the program you're in? Try another to see what I mean.

And FYI, if the ABC / XT9 option is greyed out, it's because you're in an area of a program where it's not allowed. I found that out the hard way when I was testing this for my original post. I launched messaging to test it, and when you're on the TO line, the ABC/XT9 is greyed out. Move to the message body and it is available. Just an FYI.
Thanks for the step by step pointers, I finally figured it out!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Actually I feel like Peter Falk when he played Columbo as I have one more question.

On my old Touch when I used predictive text there was an option to automatically leave a space after you select a word as opposed to always having to hit the space bar on the keyboard. Is there a way to do this on the TP2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2