PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Reprogram Hardware Buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
Can anyone tell me how to reprogram the start menu hardware button? I would love to make it go to the home tab on tf3d.

Thanks in advance.
A thousand fleas upon your body! I hated this about the Touch Pro and would have killed for a reliable way to make the home button open the start menu, nothing I tried worked perfectly every time. :P It always seem ridiculous to me that home and end both did the same thing and it's one of my favorite things about the TP2.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by csper View Post
And the great thing for me is that they didn't map Fn-X, V, C, or E with anything (cut, paste, copy, explorer), so there's quite a few keys available.

Double Windows key brings up the AEB task manager. (I had a license and like the manager).

Anyway, I'm only adding here because I was initially afraid of not having many keys after coming from the Mogul, but you can do quite a bit with what is there.
so wait a second you can have fn+c,v,x to be copy, past, and cut? how about fn+left arrow and fn+right arrow to skip a word in a txt message you have typed? do you know what i mean by this? i can explain more if you dont.

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 09-23-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
so wait a second you can have fn+c,v,x to be copy, past, and cut? how about fn+left arrow and fn+right arrow to skip a word in a txt message you have typed? do you know what i mean by this? i can explain more if you dont.
Yes you can definitely program the C, X, and V keys with the Fn as Copy, Cut, and Paste. You basically program each of those keys as their original value i.e. C, X, and V, but check the "Ctl" box so that those keys are actioned as Control-C, Control-X, and Control-V.

I'm not positive what your Fn+Left or Fn+Right is supposed to do, but if it's the same as a Ctl+Left or Ctl+Right would normally do on a keyboard if it had a hard Ctl key, then the answer is yes...you can reprogram Fn with the left and right to act as a Ctl+Left and Ctl+Right. You'll obviously loose the normal Fn action on those two keys i.e. browser and comm mgr in Telus' case.

I just programmed mine to try it, and using Fn+Left and Fn+Right jump the cursor to the previous or next word respectively.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by csper View Post
And the great thing for me is that they didn't map Fn-X, V, C, or E with anything (cut, paste, copy, explorer), so there's quite a few keys available.
In a round about way thanks for this. I had previously mapped my hard Messaging key as a control key and was using that + C/X/V to emulate Ctl-C/X/V. I never thought about using it your way, but per my last post, can confirm it works like a charm...and now I get my Messaging key to use as something else instead of dedicating it as a Control key
Old 09-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

holy crap this is totally awesome!!!! now i get my ctrl button back and i dont really have to remember a different button to press. because to me the fn button is in the same ballpark as the ctrl button

and yes i did mean ctrl+left/right and that works too YAY
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
holy crap this is totally awesome!!!! now i get my ctrl button back and i dont really have to remember a different button to press. because to me the fn button is in the same ballpark as the ctrl button
On the nose! I had been using my Messaging key as a control key which worked just fine, but was kinda weird. Using this Fn method makes total sense. I love this app!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

brukdibuddy is a n00b

well thanks but i ment like a key to take pictures with like how the mogul had a key just to take pictures like besides using the softkey on the screen instead of using that to use a hardware key to snap the picture.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

oh you mean like on the tp you can use the center click button?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

brukdibuddy is a n00b

yea like dat a button to press

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2