PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reprogram Hardware Buttons

Can anyone tell me how to reprogram the start menu hardware button? I would love to make it go to the home tab on tf3d.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Reprogram Hardware Buttons

The end button already does this
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sweet, thanks. I feel like an idiot.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Bumping this, due to the general nature of the subject (this was the first thread I found about this after scrolling thru pages of threads). I know the OP's question had been answered but I still want to reprogram and add double/triple press functionality to the hardware buttons. I did this with AEButtons for my xv6800 / titan, is there a better option for TP2?
Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Bumping this, due to the general nature of the subject (this was the first thread I found about this after scrolling thru pages of threads). I know the OP's question had been answered but I still want to reprogram and add double/triple press functionality to the hardware buttons. I did this with AEButtons for my xv6800 / titan, is there a better option for TP2?
The Rhodium Keyboard Controller over at xda will add click, double click, and long press functionality to any key on the TP2. No triple press though.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Rhodium Keyboard Controller works great.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 (from Titan)
Carrier: Verizon(Alltel)

csper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Rhodium Keyboard Controller works great.
And the great thing for me is that they didn't map Fn-X, V, C, or E with anything (cut, paste, copy, explorer), so there's quite a few keys available.

Double Windows key brings up the AEB task manager. (I had a license and like the manager).

Anyway, I'm only adding here because I was initially afraid of not having many keys after coming from the Mogul, but you can do quite a bit with what is there.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

brukdibuddy is a n00b

i have a question is there a way you could use one of the hardware keys to use in camera ?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by csper View Post
Double Windows key brings up the AEB task manager. (I had a license and like the manager).
Thanks guys! That's actually exactly what I'm going to do too (use AEB's Task Man, it's the best way to switch programs I've found without minimizing)
Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brukdibuddy View Post
i have a question is there a way you could use one of the hardware keys to use in camera ?
You mean use a hardware key to launch the camera app? If so, then the Rhodium Keyboard Controller will allow you to do that. You can program any key to launch any app. The beauty is that you can program a long-press or even a double-click of a hardware key to launch camera, and you don't loose the original functionality of that hard key Big plus when you've got a limited number of hard keys!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2