PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

coskier is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOWTO: Link Contacts with Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I have seen multiple questions here about linking contacts to Facebook profiles, but haven't seen how to do this other than one at a time. However, I found out how to do it tonight.

1. Got to the "My Favorites" tab. By default, this should be next to the home tab in TF3D
2. Select "All Contacts" to open up your contacts list
3. Go to the "Updates and Events" item under all contacts. This should be the 2nd from the right of the phone and is a person with a clock by their head.
4. If you have Facebook linking enabled, at the top of the screen, it should give you an option to link contacts with your phone all at once and bring up a second screen to choose profiles that match when you select it. I've found that it's much easier to link profiles if the names match exactly, mainly for names that can be shortened such as Matt/Mike/etc.
5. Choose contacts to link and if you want photos/birthdays to be saved to your phone and finish

Now all your contacts that you're friends with on Facebook should be linked to your phone. Hopefully this saved you some time and I'll post up pics tomorrow then.
Right on man - thanks!
http://www.chesterbullock.com
Old 09-23-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor

How do you enable facebook linking? Do you have to turn any setting on from facebook?

Last edited by skillzo1; 09-23-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Threadstarter

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzo1 View Post
How do you enable facebook linking? Do you have to turn any setting on from facebook?
The first thing you need to do is go to the Settings tab in TF3D and open up My Contact Card. Then go to the bottom and log into Facebook. Next, you can follow the steps in the first post to link your contacts with Facebook.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

JStewartx is keeping up the good workJStewartx is keeping up the good work

how in the world do you turn off facebook linking? i have over 600 friends bogging down my phone now... i am so stupid for pressing that link button. there is no option to batch remove friend links. only that option to bulk add... guess i have to individually remove each contact link..
Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Threadstarter

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

If you have total commander or other file explorer other than the one built in, there are 2 files in the root of the device (at \) that control facebook linking info. I'm guessing that if you just delete those files, it will unlink all of your contacts all at once. The file names are Facebook.vol and FacebookInfo.vol. Just to be sure they don't break anything else, I'd back them up prior to deleting them.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac15 View Post
All of this is in the user's guide/manual..........
yeah but who reads that thing honestly?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

JStewartx is keeping up the good workJStewartx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
If you have total commander or other file explorer other than the one built in, there are 2 files in the root of the device (at \) that control facebook linking info. I'm guessing that if you just delete those files, it will unlink all of your contacts all at once. The file names are Facebook.vol and FacebookInfo.vol. Just to be sure they don't break anything else, I'd back them up prior to deleting them.
When I hit facebook link I then noticed how my phone went to a crawl. I decided to check my memory and sure enough I watched as it slowly filled up for several minutes. I have been back and forth on this idea of deleting root files but it seems the file sizes should be larger for the amount of data in there. We are talking hundreds of mini profile pics and the combined file size of the 2 facebook files in the root folder is like 500k... that's nothing! Anyone else have any luck removing this facebook link and clearing the space on their device that the feature once ate up?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:16 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I don't know about clearing the space, but if you go into your contact card, at the bottom there is a dialog I thing that says unlink or log off facebook.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
contacts, facebook, link, profiles