PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 01:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HOWTO: Link Contacts with Facebook

I have seen multiple questions here about linking contacts to Facebook profiles, but haven't seen how to do this other than one at a time. However, I found out how to do it tonight.

1. Got to the "My Favorites" tab. By default, this should be next to the home tab in TF3D
2. Select "All Contacts" to open up your contacts list
3. Go to the "Updates and Events" item under all contacts. This should be the 2nd from the right of the phone and is a person with a clock by their head.
4. If you have Facebook linking enabled, at the top of the screen, it should give you an option to link contacts with your phone all at once and bring up a second screen to choose profiles that match when you select it. I've found that it's much easier to link profiles if the names match exactly, mainly for names that can be shortened such as Matt/Mike/etc.
5. Choose contacts to link and if you want photos/birthdays to be saved to your phone and finish

Now all your contacts that you're friends with on Facebook should be linked to your phone. Hopefully this saved you some time and I'll post up pics tomorrow then.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Re: HOWTO: Link Contacts with Facebook

it sucks you have to have the full name in though, or their official fb name
Old 09-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

The only problem is some contacts dont seem to want to show a picture. my guess is it is related to some sort of setting on their end.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This was a pointless thread. Also, you don't need there full name or facebook name in for it to work if you've got their e-mail saved the phone. I've got my girl listed as Linds but her name is Lindsey.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus Mobility

tmac15 is a n00b

All of this is in the user's guide/manual..........
Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

txyaloo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
The only problem is some contacts dont seem to want to show a picture. my guess is it is related to some sort of setting on their end.
If the picture is black when you link the account, it will never update for some reason. You have to wait until you see their display picture before selecting the account. I've noticed status updates don't show up either with the black picture.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by txyaloo View Post
If the picture is black when you link the account, it will never update for some reason. You have to wait until you see their display picture before selecting the account. I've noticed status updates don't show up either with the black picture.
Trust me, I've waited until the blank silhouetted picture vanishes, but it never will for some friends. Their facebook information simply will not download. I suspect its privacy settings on their end.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

HopliteHiker is a n00b

But what do you do when it just says "Connection Failed"? It is clearly successful in the credentials challenge/response, because it throws a different error when I deliberately mistype my password. Is there a way to strip out/erase/reset the facebook integration so that I can start over?
Thanks,
Old 09-21-2009, 05:54 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
it sucks you have to have the full name in though, or their official fb name
I don't have full names on mine and they linked just fine.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor

When i try this, i get INPUT ERROR....the email address or password you entered was incorrect. The stuff is right that i put in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
contacts, facebook, link, profiles