PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja
Re: [Guide]Perfect application of screen protectors with pics.

for those of you who want to remove fingerprints and dust off of the sticky side:
1)take a piece of tape ( i use electrical), all you need is a tiny piece so you know which side is sticky and which isnt, put the piece on the NON sticky side
2)take some hand/dish soap (i find hand soap works best for this since its not as soapy) and put a few drops on the sticky side and use your fingers to rub the soap on really well
3) run the screen protector under warm water (not hot, just warm to the touch) let the water remove the soap, dont touch it! if you used hand soap this will work very fast and very well
4)apply the screen protector to the screen making sure the side with the tape is on top (its hard to tell which side is sticky when its wet and your fingers are wet, so this is where the tape comes in handy)

the soap will not remove the sticky stuff on the screen protector so dont be afraid to use more if you have to

if you use soap in the water like the instructions tell you to, only use about 1-2 drops of soap per cup of water, this is all it takes and using more will only make it worse
and also, NEVER use alcohol on the screen protector or the actual screen, it can damage them. soap and water will clean it perfectly without damaging anything.

personally, instead of dipping the screen protector in the soap+water solution, i like to mix up the soap and water solution in a cup and use a syringe (without a needle, just the bare plastic tip). hold the syringe like a pen and "dot" the screen(not the screen protector) with the solution and apply the screen protector. this way you dont use too much of the solution and you get better results since it dries faster and clearer without any haze/film between the screen and screen protector.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

emerald is keeping up the good workemerald is keeping up the good work

This guide had nice advice for the newbies in the smartphone user world.

The only issue that I didn't like was leaving the soap and water on the phone, that just seemed to risky for me even with protecting the water damage detector strips. But with this being my first smartphone, I was a bit paranoid.

Overall, it took me around 30 minutes and at least 10 attempts at application to finally get it perfectly on. The first couple of times I did manage to get the screen protector on, there was just a very slight edge of the protector that was too close to the ledge of the screen, but enough so that it left a huge bubble gap and the protector wouldn't apply to the screen all the way. So annoying! Other times, the most unnoticeable piece of lint managed to get on the screen. So small you couldn't see it, until you applied the protector and it left a giant bubble where the lint is.

I had to rewash the protector and clean the phone screen so many times. It wasn't funny. I did finally use those pressurized dust remover cans to help with blowing away all the rogue lint pieces, that helped a lot.

Oh, and this guide did not help when using ClearProtectors, at least not for me. The Clear Protector was too rubbery for easy application and washing it to clean fingerprints and marks did not work. Plus, taking it off the screen was waaay too difficult if you need to reapply. In the end, I just went and bought a generic screen protector that feels and applied better. So that's what I've been using!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:39 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

This thread helped me so much. I never heard about using soap water before. Installing in the bathroom after running some hot water in the shower was key too. I've never installed a screen protector on such a large screen before. I totally messed up installing the stock Sprint screen protector, wish I had seen this thread before.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

This worked well. Just enough water to get the screen to slide back and forth, a few drops on the screen. We are not bathing the ****ing phone here.

After a few hours, it looked ugly and hazy but that cleared up in 1-2 days.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:19 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

once again I wanna thank OP for this thread...... Because of this tutorial I have used the original protector on 3 phones (original and 2 replacements).

Thanks again and great tutorial.......
Old 12-05-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4G

mawst95 is keeping up the good workmawst95 is keeping up the good work

Instead of paper covering the water sensor you might want to cut a little piece of latex glove or maybe a non-lubed condom. Paper isn't really going to protect from water--in fact paper will absorb moisture and stay damp. Saran wrap/plastic food wrap might work as well.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

big3etr is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to big3etr Send a message via MSN to big3etr Send a message via Yahoo to big3etr

Nice write up...

Does anyone have an extra screen protector for the Sprint TP2? I got my TP2 as a replacement for my TP, but they refused to give me one, and I am anal about keeping the screens from scratching. I would gladly pay for one...PM me with details if you have one ...Thanks!!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

@big3etr check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200389254063

only $3.98 for 3 sprint TP2 screen protectors
Old 01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon/PPCGeeks

thecushion77 is a n00b

Hats off to this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank him every time you see the name that made this thread. Did not use the steamed bathroom,but cleaned and cleaned the screen with a micro cloth. Also put the protector in the water "a 15 sec soak" and shoke off extra water,also a few drops on the screen before apply "small drops". All of this on a clean towel to wipe as needed. No residue after either. Take your time and follow everything and your good to GO!!!!!!!!!! YaaaaaaaaYAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Does this method work better or worse than the Zagg I.S. self application instructions and liquid? I don't like the idea of soapy water and haziness. I use my device every day and don't want to go w/o it if I don't have to. Zagg liquid always leaves a clear screen but have never applied myself before. (I always paid the mall guy, after all he has a ton of experience) Anyone with experience on which works better? I have a replacement shield ordered and want a perfect application first time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2